1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
189 Posts
This is just great news isn't it. They will probably say the same thing about beef in the next 10 years, however, I will not be able to enjoy a Striper or Crab anymore. I am a ***** when it comes to eating food that could hurt myself or my family. I will only eat ocean living fish from now on, any fish that comes within 2 miles of the rivers and bays to me are swimming in nasty water.

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
When you dig into the details of how they come up with these, you see how bogus this info is. Very politically motivated. When they test what we actually eat, I'll take them seriously.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It always amazes me that we are talking about migratory fish here yet certian bodies of water have different restrictions, as if the fish are going to stay in that one location.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quote: Bob ECT "When you dig into the details of how they come up with these, you see how bogus this info is. Very politically motivated. When they test what we actually eat, I'll take them seriously."

Bob, I work for a lab that collects and analizes most of the fish for the state of NJ DEP fish/shellfish consumption guidlines. We do test what you actually eat. the fish are prepped the exact same way i prep them when i'm getting ready to eat them. True there are politics behind how the results are provided to the public, but you should find out the facts before making false acusations.

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Putting an entire fish into a blender is not exactly a fair test and that's how they've been done in the past. People don't eat the guts and brains. They know that but do the tests that way anyway. I'll side with the United Boatmen on the test. CaptTB has done alot of review on the details, I'll trust his opinion on it.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob ECT
Putting an entire fish into a blender is not exactly a fair test and that's how they've been done in the past
SurfinFish,I have heard this a few times now
over the years,Not to put you on the spot...
But since your in the bizz,How Do They Test??

[ 06-15-2004, 02:16 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
189 Posts
When you dig into the details of how they come up with these, you see how bogus this info is. Very politically motivated. When they test what we actually eat, I'll take them seriously. What exactly would be politically motivated. In my opinion the state would want to hide these facts. I could be wrong but why would they want to tell people the waters of NJ are basically polluted.

[ 06-15-2004, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: seeker2 ]

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
Politically motivated is how Cindy Zipf was able to get Brad Campbell to change the standard to the EPA standard and not the FDA standards used for commercial fish. If fish were half as dangerous as they say, would they allow the sale of it? Why different standards for rec fish and comm fish? Why not come out and tell people in the scary press releases they make? Why not tell people fish are far cleaner today then they were in the 80's? Very Enviro motivated.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
yep, politically motivated or economically motivated - why do we get advisories and yet you will never see an advisory handed out or posted in any fish market or department in either Pa, NJ or probably any other state - as if they are not the same bluefish, tuna, swordfish or shark steaks that we catch from the ocean?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Its kind of interesting that no fishing is permitted in the Atlantic City Res. and fish should not be eaten from there. I'm glad I'm not drinking that water!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts