BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The USCG has repositioned inlet buoys. Some have been moved a considerable distance from previous positions. Your existing marks (unless you have changed already) are void. Night nav. could wind up trouble without the new marks! Suggest re plotting/marking such changes during daylight hours. Hope helps someone unaware of such.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks ClamChucker,, Good Info...

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have not run the marked part of the inlet in 3 years. I always take the north cut along the Holegate Beach.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea, they finally pulled the first Red (seaward to mainland) off the bar. Best bet run the green cans. Also, 4th red is way back on the breakers. There is good water all throught the turn to the junction bouy. Best bet, run from the turn to the junction can.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Everything moved closer to Little Beach with the exception of red can #10. This used to be over by Little Beach and coming from seaward, upon passing that buoy one would turn to the NE to get to the next buoy (11). #10 was moved considerably to the east. It is now almost a straight shot from LEI right out to #5 can. However, just south of #10 there is quite a rip making up. This was an excellent spot for bass last year, and due to re-directed boat traffic, likely won't be so good this year. Additionally, there is much less water right over that rip than if you stay to the SW. It's not as bad as having 4 buoy in the breakers, but IMHO they should have left #10 where it was. My suggestion is to split the difference between the beach and #10 for the best water.

[ 09-04-2005, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: captadamnj ]

·
Registered
165 Posts
that all being said....from LE to the first red, right at the red, there is still no water...we had only 5-7 foot at high water there...I slowed her down from 27 knots to 5 just to be safe. Their are reports that several boats have grounded there.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump
Thanks all for updates
. You just may have saved many from potential grief this weekend. Thank you too much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts