BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night it got pretty cold and i was just wondering how much the water temp is dropping each day...And i also noticed the difference it made in 2 days as far as the weakies are concerned..how long bfore the weakies move out?..And do you think that the bass bite should start being a little more consistant now with the cold weather we been experiencing?..Don't have water temp on fish finder so not sure but to the hand i can tell its getting there...Thanks Pazman

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Paz,
The Water Temps Will Drop Between 1-3 degrees
with overnight air temps in the low 40's to
the 30's each day...
Weakies will move out completely once those
water temps drop below 60.....
And yes once the water temps drop into the
50's the action will become very consistant
with the Bass....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
These cold fronts shut down the back bay weakfish for a few days. Last week they were around in numbers and very aggressive. Since the cold front moved in they have become sluggish and the hits are very subtle. As the water temps drop concentrate on fishing areas near an inlet.
Most years you can count on catching them until November. If the water temps don't drop too quickly they can be caught up until Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
i have seen alot of change in the past few days,as far as the weakies and blues.the bass have started to hit more and are there in good numbers.i whent last week and whent though 2 bags of pinkies and this week only three bite offs :D and four bass to 34",so it is only going to get better ;) good fishing ,matt

·
Registered
426 Posts
Last two mornings(12th &13th) water temps 61 each day at 5am.Afternoon tides 65-66.Bass are active as long as tide is moving,ebb or flood.Trout in back are more active in afternoon flood tide.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Yo Paz,
Good to see you back on. How's the Starcraft treating you. I really missed her this year since the fishing sucked in the Del. Bay when I got the new boat. I wish I still had your's and fished the back bays like I used to for flatties. It was my worst year ever for flounder! Hopefully next year I'll definitely have a small skiff for the backwaters on a trailer and keep the big boat in the slip for striper season(s). Hope you're doing OK. Bry

[ 10-14-2004, 02:51 AM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks for the feed back....As always appreciated....Pazman....Hey Bri good to see ya..The boat is doing good and it seen alot of fish this yr. and were not done yet:)...Later Terry

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Great to hear it Ter,
I told ya! She is one great fishing machine.
I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying her and have been catching. And you're right stripes are just getting started. BTW did you leave the name on the side? If so, you are the oceanside finaddict and I'm the Del. Bay finaddict. LOL Take care,Bry

[ 10-14-2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts