BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ALL,
I feel as though its time for me to stop lurking. As you can see I have been a member since 2003 but have not posted. I will start and hopefully be able to help.
Let me introduce myself, my name is Eric Axelsson. Many of you out there know me or my brother Skip. I grew up in Cape May and now reside in PA. North Wales. A little advice dont get married have a kid and move away. I was once an awsome fisherman! I commercial fished with my father when I was younger and saw some really aweful stuff (I will tell some stories later) and realized it was not for me. I then became a mate on a charter boat for a while, so I have allot of time on the water & experence. But life takes you in different ways, I became a chef hence the name (any cooking ? just ask) got married & moved away. I have since moved again in PA. and have abecome a Realtor. Being a chef I never got time off and did not get to fish much. Now I have a much more flexable schedule and can get out more to fish!! I would like to get to some of the meetings in the area and get more involved with the fisheries.
I run a 20 ft. WA out of Hinches marina at Off THe Hook Tackle. They are great people, and I grew up with Chuck. I hate to fish alone and I know what it is like not to have a boat, so if I have room I will post. Also for all you guys with larger boats, I love to fish offshore and as I said before I am experenced, so if you have room, need a hand or share expen. PLEASE let me know. Drop me an E-mail at [email protected]. I hope to meet some of you, and good fishing to all.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Welcome Chef Axe To The BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have Aboard.....

Enjoy,,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Chef, read your line and from what I can see there are some great people on this forum. My reply is to give you a heads up about an organization me and my fiancee belong to http://www.byreferralonly.com/. She is a realtor and I own a mortgage company. Check out this web site, it is an awesome turnkey system that will definately get you more time on the water. Any questions feel free to email me.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Chef Axe,
Welcome to the area. I live in Lansdale next to Merck. Not so bad living up here except for the fact I am now further from the beach. It is a great area.

GSBB

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Welcome back Chef

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
80+# TUNA sticks With Rollers,,ACID WRAP,Roberts wrap,spirial wrap.some people call the different things..real name "roberts wrap"..the guides(ROLLERS) wrap around the blank....the acid rollergang name came from the left coast(longrange) guys..they started with that name.after a ROLLER GUIDE ROD was used on a Long range trip.we tried to intro a NEW concept with rollers,Very different looking rods..Mine is a GUSA predator cut 6" off top with a Tiburon SST30.if we get out i will show you.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
80+# TUNA sticks With Rollers,,ACID WRAP,Roberts wrap,spirial wrap.some people call the different things..real name "roberts wrap"..the guides(ROLLERS) wrap around the blank....the acid rollergang name came from the left coast(longrange) guys..they started with that name.after a ROLLER GUIDE ROD was used on a Long range trip.we tried to intro a NEW concept with rollers,Very different looking rods..Mine is a GUSA predator cut 6" off top with a Tiburon SST30.if we get out i will show you.

[ 06-23-2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: paul708 ]

·
Registered
7,054 Posts
Welcome Aboard Chef!!

Hope to read some fishing reports from ya,or maybe a few good FISH recipes!! :D :D

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Don't know you Chef Axe... but if you are half the gentleman your brother Skip is (at least the way he was in my Captain's class) then you are a great addition to the Barn.

Hope the gang will share and trade to your wishes!!!!

Have a great summer!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I feel your pain, I'm in a similar situation, never enough time to fish. Also I live in Lansdale by Merck, but i fish out of Great Bay. Waking up at 2:30 am to go out before dawn, gets old when you used to live & party by the marina.

just think you can look forward to the kids getting older and someday being able to move back close to water.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts