BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, Gals, Old Timers, New Members, Friends and Family:

I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you all know that the Moderators and I truly appreciate your dedicated association with TheBassBarn. Because of you - the Barn?s Members, we are seeing more and more activity here every month in all of our forums. I can?t wait to see the traffic once the weather breaks and the fishing reports start pouring in.

When this site was started 5 years ago, I never imagined it would ever be this successful. This success is because of YOU and for that I am deeply grateful and proud of what has been accomplished. We are constantly working and striving to make the Barn the very best source for your fishing and boating information.

Over the past few months, there have been some noticeable additions here at the Barn. A few new moderators have been added to our already top notch & devoted staff. It is the moderators who make this site run smoothly, as these hardworking guys and gal are the ones who try to keep things under control in the various forums.

Other additions are the Barn?s Giveaway Program. The initial giveaway of a Shimano reel was a huge success in getting some old blood & some new blood on board. So, be on the lookout for more giveaways in the future so that you have the chance to add to your fishing and boating gear collection.

Also, we recently started www.MyFishPix.com in order to allow you to make your free own online photo gallery so that you can share your day?s catch with your friends and family. So when you get the time, make sure you create your own gallery and get busy uploading your picture of the BIG ONE.

Another thank you has to go out to Capt. Harvey Yenkinson & Capt. Adam Crouthamel, who made the first of our BassBarn seminar series a huge success with well over 150 Barners in attendance. We look forward to continuing this program with the upcoming Herring seminar by our own InDepth and Chris Gatley on April 2, 2005. Other seminar programs are in the works and announcements will be made.

Lastly, since Barnfest has been such a huge success over the past several years, we have also decided to put together a little Summerfest at Bauer?s Pond. The date for which will be announced in the very near future.

Now that we have that out of the way, I think it has become necessary for me to dispel some rumors, distortions, misconceptions and outright untruths that have recently been made against the Barn and against me personally. I take this serious since it reflects not only on me, but on us as a community.

1. The Barn is not for sale, never has it ever been, nor do I have any intention of doing so. I didn?t start the Barn to make money, it was started to bring fisherman together by sharing their knowledge of our local waters. Great friendships and relationships have been made through this website and that, in and of itself, has a far greater value than any amount of money one can accumulate.

2. At this point, we are nearing our 8,000th registered member. Member numbers are assigned in sequential order. Members have come and gone over the years, many read but don?t post often, others read but have never joined, so with that, it is very difficult to determine the actual numbers of Barners out there, but I am certain that the number is significant, given the number of stickers out there, people being heard on channel 78, the mention of our site in local and national magazines, as well as on television shows.

3. The Barn has not sold, traded or given away anyone?s personal registration information to any individuals, companies or other internet websites, as doing so would be against the provisions of our privacy policy, which we take seriously.

4. We have disabled public access to the Member Directory for good reason, to prevent others from being able to take this information without permission in order to use it for their own personal use or business gain. Mass member information was previously available to anyone for any purpose, so we determined that in order to protect your privacy from unsolicited spam, emails, contacts, etc., it was best to deactivate this feature. Disabling this feature has made it more difficult and time consuming for others not affiliated with the Barn to acquire this information.

5. The Barn strives to provide the best fishing & boating information on the world wide web. We recognize there are many, many other fishing and boating sites out there in cyberspace and that you have the right to choose what, when and where you post or advertise. We have not harassed, abused, threatened or otherwise coerced any members or advertisers from exercising their rights.

6. The Barn?s sponsors are the businesses and individuals who keep this place up and running. Without them, the Barn would not be what it is today. We ask that you continue to support our sponsors so that they know their banners are being seen and their advertising dollars are working for them.

7. The Barn?s doors are open to all. If at anytime you have a question, concern, suggestion or idea, feel free to shoot me an email, I will be glad to answer it in the same manner I always have, openly & honestly.

8. While speaking of being open and honest, we value the diverse views and opinions of our members. Sometimes the posts need to be reigned in or locked up by our moderators, but we recognize that there is more to life than just fishing. While some may not enjoy a good debate and others perceive it as a distraction (or as some refer to it as the BS), others do like to express themselves and therefore, the Dry Dock was created for this purpose. If you come across a subject that doesn?t interest you, then so be it. If it does interest you, irk you or makes you downright angry, then feel free to share your opinion with others. We just ask that your post remain respectful and considerate of the other person?s beliefs and opinions.

9. Lastly, as a community, we do not condone the destruction, vandalism or theft of public or private property. So, although allegiances to websites are strong, we ask that respect of others and their property always be considered. Such activity will not be tolerated on any level.

With that being said, let?s pray to the weather gods that the warm days of Spring be upon us soon. We wish each and every one of you have your best season ever.

Safe trips & tight lines,

Ron Redington & the Moderators.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I'm kinda new to this forum Ron. I must confess that I read reports for quite a while before I became a member. I've gotten a great deal of valuable information from the other members posts, especialy offshore, and I have a lot of respect for them. Hopefully this year I can contribute some helpfull info. Your efforts are very much appreciated, and I hope this forum continues for many years.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Ron, that was great reading!!

I just wanna take this moment and thank all the sponsors and moderators.You guys are awesome!! Keep up the good work!!...Thanks for a great site!! :D

·
Registered
920 Posts
Thanks, Ron, for the kind words...I don't think I'd need to own a computer if it weren't for the BassBarn--- most of my online time is spent right here!-------Mike

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The site is great Ron. Always has been and always will be. A true service to the fishing community. So many friendships have been made!

·
Banned
2,856 Posts
Originally posted by rockdoc:
Thanks, Ron, for the kind words...I don't think I'd need to own a computer if it weren't for the BassBarn--- most of my online time is spent right here!-------Mike
What Mike said,

Thanks RON
Your the man!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by Ron Redington:
Great friendships and relationships have been made through this website and that, in and of itself, has a far greater value than any amount of money one can accumulate.
I agree 150%.
I for one have made many great friends in my 5 years on TBB that I wouldn't trade for a million bucks. Thanks Ron & Mods for a great website and all my new friends.
And thanks to all the members who have posted fishing reports, and answers to the many questions that have been put up on the message board.
That is what it's all about. ;)

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
What else can be said? Well put Ron. Your a class act and those that have been around dont doubt your ethics for one second. From the reef fund, fundraisers, helping Barners families and children...it shouldnt be forgotten but I think sometimes it is. In any case we are all fisherman and should keep the peace. There is only ONE Bass Barn. Not many sites on the East Coast can boast the clout the Barn has in the fishing realm. Took 5 years to be at this point and they were well worth the effort everyone has put forth.

[ 03-26-2005, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: hipkvw ]

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't post much, but I read all forums every day, and have learned a tremendous amount about the types of fishing I enjoy. I can't thank everyone who is associated with this site enough!
Thank You All

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Ron R:

Great post. I am glad you have "spoken out" to dispel the crapola!!

I have gained so much from this club that words cannot appropriately describe...the friendships, the offers to fish, the comraderie and the super discounts offered by our advertisers to name a few benefits.

That is why I do what I do (Ron R. knows what Ima talkin' bout ;) ;) ) to give a little back to the Barn!!!

~Jim

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Rockdoc- I feel the same way- my computer seems to only know one internet address- TheBassBarn.com.

Great responses everyone- Lew, Hip, Philly, Harv, I agree 100%. 5 years of hard work....look how far we've come!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Ron what can I say that hasn?t been said over and over and what I haven?t said before?
This site is priceless, the information traded, the friendships formed the debates, the get togethers the charities and the causes rallied around on and on.
The Barn speaks for itself. What is not to like?
As for the other sites they all have a place.
A couple of words come to mind: Peaceful co-existance.
Keep up the good and I?m sure hard work.
Ron you and the mods are truly class acts.
Proud to call myself a Barner.
Hersch

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Ron, as you know I am relatively new to the Barn ,2004. but what I have seen and learned is unimaginable. The fellow Barners that donated time, materials and cash for Support Our Troops and Barn Fest, I can't thank you all enough.
Without the Barn it could not have happened.
Ron, ANYTIME your back is to the wall because of someone's lies aand misinformation, I'll have your back. I"m not as young as I used to be(Is anyone/) but there is alot of fight left in this old dog. Glad to hear you address the issues with so much diplomacy. LONG LIVE THE BARN!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just recently found this site and I gotta say it is truly amazing. I rarely find a reason to leave as the reading is so good. March on boys your doing a fabulous job.

·
Registered
125 Posts
ron,I don`t get to post much because of my schedule,but everytime I turn on my computer the first place I go is to the barn.you and the moderators do a tremendous job,keep up the good work.
THANKS

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I have been here from the beginning essentially. I remember when it was just a few hundred members and there were NO ADVERTISERS! We zipped info back and forth and as we did the Barn grew. The numbers have become staggering and the number and types of advertisers is truly impressive......goes to show that smart business people know well spent $$. Over the years we have had some challenging periods. Early on there was the original A&$ [email protected]!% brigade and they were dealt with in short order. As time went on we had further challenges and they too were met with fairness and diplomacy even though some don't realize or appreciate that. We have always given people the benefit of the doubt and in many cases they realized how things were messed up and they adjusted. Some of course. did not and thankfully they have found new things to do with their internet time.

This is a really nice place, we argue here and there and sometimes there are arguments that get a bit heated. But through it all we remain a decent bunch, welcoming to newcomers, fair to outsiders and friends to many.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Even though my registration number doesnt reflect it, I suppose I found this site sometime around my sophomore year of highschool, i guess that would be around 2000. I don't even know if there was a message board then or not, but I looked forward every spring for the Mack Track. Thanks to everyone for their generosity! I would hope that something like a website would not be an impetus for animosity among fellow fisherman, though. Let's keep everything moving forward.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts