BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys, I could use a little help here! My son and I agree the only fish that will be taken home this season on our boat are the ones my 7 year grandson catches himself and if they are legal size . I would like to know if someone would point me to where to get a fish hook extractor. I've seen them being used on t.v. and they look like the best thing to remove a hook without taking the fish out of water. We don't eat them why kill them?? To us its all about the fun.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't know what kind you are looking for, but try Brinkmans @ Linden and State. I got mine there, i would call it a skate key, but they had a few types. There is always Dick's.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your quick response. I found just the one I saw being used on a DVD I have with "Flounder Fred" A.K.A. "F.U." and another guy fishing for Tog. At Cabela's.:D :D Thanks again

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Seaker said:
Hay guys, I could use a little help here! My son and I agree the only fish that will be taken home this season on our boat are the ones my 7 year grandson catches himself and if they are legal size . I would like to know if someone would point me to where to get a fish hook extractor. I've seen them being used on t.v. and they look like the best thing to remove a hook without taking the fish out of water. We don't eat them why kill them?? To us its all about the fun.
Pliers are all you should need.

But if you like some other utensil, any local B and T, or even Dicks, will prolly have you covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts