BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you need to send reels in for servicing do it soon. I just sent my Daiwa's that I use for pitching 8 and bait in the spring and I was told there is a 2-3 week turnaround. Since I expect to be pitching bait by the 2nd week of March, I'm glad I didnt wait too much longer. :cool:

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny you posted this, I printed out the Diawa service
form yesterday.

GSBB

Sean, I sent mine here. They are an authorized Daiwa, warranty repair shop. It will only take UPS a day to deliver it to your house when they are done.

Newark Sinker Company
101 Route 46
Pine Brook, NJ 07058
(973) 575-1995

· Registered
7,546 Posts
Thanks John. I have an older Emblem that I need to have some work done to get it ready for this year. Wanted to get that back in the rotation when casting clams in the Spring. Thinking about putting it on the 11 foot Star Rod to get even more distance if I need it.:thumbsup:

Sean

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent 2 reels to the Daiwa US service center in California that the tracking says were delivered on January 22. I have not heard anything from them. Do they call or email to tell you what it will cost?

I would give them a call, I had the same problem with Okuma, when I finally called them (after a month) they swore up and down they had tried to call me on multiple occasions on a cell phone thats on me darn near 24/7. :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,246 Posts
To follow-up on this, Daiwa replaced a lot of parts on my Saltiga Z6000 GT including part of the body which had a little bit of corrosion on it and only charged for cleaning/lube even though the reel is out of warranty. Its definitely better to send Daiwa reels back to them for work than to get them serviced at a local shop.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To follow-up on this, Daiwa replaced a lot of parts on my Saltiga Z6000 GT including part of the body which had a little bit of corrosion on it and only charged for cleaning/lube even though the reel is out of warranty. Its definitely better to send Daiwa reels back to them for work than to get them serviced at a local shop.

Good news! I just was contacted today that mine are done and will be fedex'd this afternoon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.