BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have counted correctly, todays snowstorm is the result of the 7th big noreaster that we have been hit with since early November. While some were rain events, we have had two big snow events, something we haven't seen in recent years.

Many meterologists blame this on the wind currents generated from the current el nino pacific ocean pattern. These currents funnel rain events across texas, then over the southeast U. S. till it works its way up and off our coast.

The downside is all the mess we are dealing with as well as days we couldn't fish due to the NE winds. The only positive as far as fishing is that I think these NE storms are what pushed the near shore migrating bunker into the Delaware Bay this fall and resulted in the fantastic fall striper fishery we had in the bay this year.

The prediction for this spring, I found is as follows: El Niño impacts are expected to last into the Northern Hemisphere spring, even as equatorial SST departures decrease, partly due to the typical warming that occurs between now and April/May (Fig. 3). Expected impacts during February-April 2010 include drier-than-average conditions over Indonesia and enhanced convection over the central equatorial Pacific Ocean, which will likely expand eastward and influence portions of the eastern tropical Pacific, as well as coastal sections of Peru and Ecuador. For the contiguous United States, potential El Niño impacts include above-average precipitation for the southern tier of the country

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
No problem up to 30 kt NE in the back for flat ones. Saves a lot of shifting:D

·
Registered
62,423 Posts
Miserable weather keeps the fair weather fisherman off the water, so rain is fine with me. :thumbsup:

The only real thing that concerns me about bad weather in the Spring is lightning. Not a big fan of that stuff. :eek:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Bring on the rain, keep all the googans off the beach and the a%$%^%%#^@ wipe boats that run right over the bass and bunker on the outer bar

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.