BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According TacklTour tests of knots http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2pg4.html Trilene knot is the worst - 67% vs. Improved Clinch - 78%.
That result seems to me very suspicious - both knots very similar, really it is the same knot with very small difference - Trilene is wrapping the hook or swivel twice and it is increasing reliability of the knot.
I've made my own testing with dry and soaked over 1 hour fluorocarbon lines from Seaguar, Pline and Berkley.
Results are opposite or almost the same.
The best are Seaguar - 88% for Trilene and 82% for Improved Clinch.
Pline - 80% for Trilene and 80% for Improved Clinch.
Berkely Vanish - 78% for Trilene and 76% for Improved Clinch.

·
Registered
202 Posts
According TacklTour tests of knots http://www.tackletour.com/reviewfluorocarbon2pg4.html Trilene knot is the worst - 67% vs. Improved Clinch - 78%.
That result seems to me very suspicious - both knots very similar, really it is the same knot with very small difference - Trilene is wrapping the hook or swivel twice and it is increasing reliability of the knot.
I've made my own testing with dry and soaked over 1 hour fluorocarbon lines from Seaguar, Pline and Berkley.
Results are opposite or almost the same.
The best are Seaguar - 88% for Trilene and 82% for Improved Clinch.
Pline - 80% for Trilene and 80% for Improved Clinch.
Berkely Vanish - 78% for Trilene and 76% for Improved Clinch.
Trilene knot is my favorite altime knot. It has served me well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I always use the improved clinch, never had any problems. Never tried any of the others and only use mono.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
This test goes seems to dispute conventional logic... The Palomar knot is supposed to be about the strongest out there, and the Trilene is suppossed to be stronger than the clinch... I guess the quality of the tying is more important than the actual type used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Test's problem

IMHO while knot testing we are testing the line also.
Lines are not even along the whole reel. Different pieces of the line have different strength. Therefore test of the knots with "same" line and test of the lines with same knot requires a lot of repeating with averaging.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Been using a double palomar on braid and it is solid. Regular palomar is fine with mono but for braid just go twice through the eye.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts