BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Absecon Bay area on 7/5/04 and fished the whole incoming tide and half of the outgoing, ended the day with 7 keepers and lost another keeper at the side of the boat. Prob caught 20 or so throwbacks and not too much junk fish. Water temp was around 73 degrees and most fish were caught in 8 - 15 feet of water and plain hook with minnows out producing bucktails with herring and mackeral 10 to 1. Greenheads were nasty when the winds calmed down and there was TONS of grass but the fish were there in between cleaning the grass off the baits.

·
Registered
20,663 Posts
Good to hear you got a keeper or two Deep Pockets. Fished today at Absecon bridge and the inlet. Fished the incoming some, but mostly the outgoing.

Listen to this. 28 Fluke.....NO KEEPERS.

Was on my sisters, Cathie Sex, vessel. She did me in too. She probably caught 20 to my 8. We had one fluke that was 16.4999 inches that we released. All the others 13-14 inches.

Nevertheless a GREAT DAY!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report Marine Tom. At least you had some fun, some action and great weather, but 28 to 0 ratio is tough... Its fun to keep the competition going betweeen family, I've been taking my mom and dad for the past couple of years and mom has outfished dad & I on most outings, as long as she keeps catching, shes always invited ;) We caught most of our fish away from the boat traffic.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Fished sat. & sun. Sat. Lots of throw backs/2 keepers. Sun. more throw backs/1 keeper. Most productive in 10' to 15'water.Minnow seemed to work the best. Had herring,mackeral,squid,buck tail & minnows. Very light hits.Going out next weekend.See you guys out there.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the report General - hope to make a trip on Sat myself. Did you find anything that worked with keeping the grass off your baits? employing a float to keep the bait off the bottom? or real light weight? Any suggestions?

We tried all of the above and didn't really help as the grass was pretty thick. :mad:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks General - another trick is to reel in some line once your bait hits the bottom hoping that the bait will be just off the bottom and not dragging along and picking up grass but doesnt help much when the grass is all throughout the water column.

High tide is in the late afternoon so we will prob fish from 11-6 or so. Good luck on Sat.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks General - Absecon Bay is having a tournament tomorrow so we will be on the water some time mid-morning. I'll be out on my brothers boat tomorrow - 19 foot logic - we generally don't have the radio on fishing in the back so swing by if you see us.

Good luck and I'm hoping we are going to have some luck tomorrow ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.