BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
blowfishct- thinking about an afternoon trip tomorrow. Plan on checking ICW and the cans. I haven't heard of Broad Creek or Steelman producing a whole lot yet.

We'll be on the barn channel - 78, good luck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have a report as soon as i get in i might make it out on monday dont have a radio in this small boat. I'll be putting in at the free ramp right buy up the creek look for a blue jeep with a big green blowfish on it. :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
We will be launching early am there as well - catch ya then. I'll be the guy in the blue Ford Explorer unloading 15 rods and 500 lbs of tackle.....

Thanks for the report barrell - cant complain about fresh striper dinner for the holiday weekend :D Bait or artificials :confused:

From what I hear the waters pretty clean just a lot of shorts.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had some shorts today and some big dogfish. When i was at up the creek buying bait some guys weighted in a 25pd striper it was a big fish. They were plugging on the sod banks early in the fog. but any day on the water beats any day doing anything else.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Had a pretty good day yesterday, picked up 5 keepers biggest around 3 lbs and a load of throwbacks most being 15-16 inches but real nice and fat. Fish were scattered all over but most of the fish were caught in the shallows away from the boat traffic. Best luck was on plain hook and bucktail rig

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fished Absecon Bay today for 4 hrs; outgoing. Worked real hard for 4 keepers w/12 returns. Not a bad ratio, but a lot of work with two men and three rods.

Saw many boats, but didn't see anyone bailing fish. It looked like a slow steady pick.

Water temp was 71 with most fish biting a plain hook with minnow in 20' of water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts