BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the report...plan on giving it a try on Saturday. what part of the tide did you do best? Did you try for weakfish at all?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Nice report Jersey Joe, that sounds like one heck of a seafood dinner :D :D What depth did you have the most luck in for the keepers and how was the grass :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comback, we'll be giving it a try on Sat :cool:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incomming tide. Various depths. Minnows and white zooms. We also got into some nice sized bluefish which were a blast to catch. They would have been the perfect size to smoke but we did not keep any.
We also fished Sea Isle on Monday and Tuesday ( we also beat up the clams) Monday we had two keepers upt to 22inches. Tuesday no flounder at all.
Forgot to add that we had two crab pots in. In SeaIsle we managed nine keepers which was a shocker. So yea we had one heck of a seafood dinner.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Clams, crabs and flounder...what time is dinner? Tomorrow IS my birthday, that would be a nice gift. :cool:

Good to see my usual area picking up. I am debating either fishing two days (Sun/Mon) in Absecon or Del Bay.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somtimes I throw in a vension tenderloin or some Gulf shrimp that I was able to grab for $2 a pound. We had about 7 southern style shrimp boils ober the last 6 months. Can you say food coma. We eat well around my house.
The fishing is still a bit slow but I am hoping that the weakies start showing up.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thanks for the comeback Jerseyjoe and still waiting on what time dinner is :confused: :D
Only kidding.

Insanity - we will be trying our luck in Absecon on Sunday now with the forecast today and tomorrow, although they are doing well in the upper Del Bay. Havent heard from you in a while - this is Lynchmob from Absecon Bay, my password/access is still screwed up on Dave's site :mad:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
DP - nice to hear from you again. We got spoiled this spring with some early good results on both bass and flounder (VA). Alrady have 35 flounder in the freezer. Doesn't make me feel the need to rush out and try, especially looking at the weather every weekend. If I go on sunday to Absecon I will try to call you up on 68, please do the same. If there I will be way up in the back...you know where.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts