BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out during the incoming tide this morning. Fished several creeks, nada. Caught one small blue drifting through the Brig. Bridge. Didn't see any other fish caught all day. Anybody else have any luck?

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Jimbo...I didn't fish around Absecon but i did fish around Somers pnt.,Got 5 throwbacks and 2 blues...Not a very good day!!! :(

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Jimbo - fished with the family Sunday morning from Absecon. Fished from 7:30am - 1:30pm. Caught about 10 throwback fluke. Saw one keeper caught all day, way up in Broak creek. Water is getting clearer - still some snot grass to filter thru.

Met a lot of people at the ramp, what were you in?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Fished Friday and Saturday night on the outgoing (2am to 6am) behind Brigantine and between me and a buddy had 15 bass (9 on Fri, 6 on Sat). Most fish were 30 inches and all taken on clam. Biggest fish went 35 inch 16 lbs, smallest fish was 22 inch. Only had 2 sharks and 2 skates. Best bite was middle to the bottom of the outgoing. Several other run-offs with nothing to show for it.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Fished Friday and Saturday night on the outgoing (2am to 6am) behind Brigantine and between me and a buddy had 15 fish (9 on Fri, 6 on Sat). Most fish were 30 inches and all taken on clam. Biggest fish went 35 inch 16 lbs, smallest fi

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
AB - Running at night, I bet your glad they have the channel markers up now. I had some trouble staying in it before then. It is a different path from last year.

Good job on the bass. It's tough to get the wife, 6 year old son and 3 year old daughter out at that time. Only wishin I could.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fished Saturday 5/29 and Monday 5/31 ...1 keeper, 5 throwbacks,7 blues and a hand full of sharks on Saturday. Monday was a little better, 4 keepers, 9 or 10 throwbacks, 1 blue and a few more sharks. I tried lots of spots that normally produce but caught all the fish in the same area. Water temps were from 64 - 69 degrees and fish were caught in 8-12 feet of water. There was alot of grass in the water, hard to keep the bait clean long enough for the fish to see it.

[ 06-01-2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: HIGHTIDE ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts