BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you members and readers attending the Atlantic City Boat show, I will be working the show and I will be in a booth there with my new agency - Marks Marine Insurance - a division of Marks Insurance Group.

Many of you already know me and are my clients and /or fishing friends from the Bass Barn.com. If I do not already help you with your boat's insurance, perhaps give me a shot to see if I can help save you money.

Many boats today are valued way less than what they were insured for and many are paying excessive amounts of money for insurance. Put some of that money to work for you for new equipment or to offset high fuel bills, just stop over paying for your boat insurance.

For those of you out there that don't know me, I am the original Moderator and Banner Sponsor of the Bass Barn's Offshore Forum. I have spent the last 12 years helping the Bass Barn.com's Offshore Forum become one of the premier Offshore Big Game and Bottom dwellers fishing websites in our region.

We will be Booth 333. I should be there most of the time, - all five days.

Stop by and say hello please.

For the Raffle:
For those of you interested in our agency providing you with a competetive quote for your vessels insurance, I will put your name into my special raffle. The winner will recieve a custom Jigging Rod & Reel from Dan Harley's - Cape May Tackle.

(He and I are figuring out tonight what I will offer in this special raffle)

It will be a combo that I prefer using for versatility for Jigging here, including: Fluke - Offshore & Inshore Seabass, Codfish, Striper chunking , etc. I will also include a tackle box of hand chosen, and self personalized Jigs - ready to battle Cod Fish, Sea Bass and even some of my hand tied Fluke rigs - I call Vacuum Cleaners:thumbsup:

Interested in entering the contest but cannot get to the boat show??
This offer is available to any of our members and readers here -
Please remember this is a promotion for selling Boat Insurance.
A VALID QUOTE REQUEST MUST BE MADE - FOR ONE VALID ENTRY TO THE RAFFLE PLEASE, NO BS.

Click this link here for our online quote request:

http://www.insuretheboat.com/Captn_Joe_Sullivan.html

I will accept as an entry - any completed online request for Boat Insurance for this raffle - from right now - through the end of the boat show. One Boat request = one entry - if you have three boats even better, you get three entries if you ask for three quotes on three boats.

After the show, I will pull the winning ticket and announce it here on the Bass Barn. I will mail the Rod and reel directly to you.

Why Captn Joe as your Boat Insurance guy?

Boat Insurance is something that should be shopped, as well as understood. It is very important to have an agent who understands how you are using your vessel, in order to insure it properly. Many of the people selling Boat Insurance out there have no clue what they are selling. Most would not know Port from Starboard.

An experienced agent, has worked for many years selling Boat and Yacht Insurance. They have favorable relationships with the Insurers they offer product for. Often times they can get favorable pricing in a competetive marketplace due to this fact.
Knowing boats and how to handle claims from start to finish is highly critical and important. I say tghis because I have alot of experience handling Claims.

I have both Commercial and Charter fished for a living for15years before I went in the Insurance business and have recreational fished for 40 years on boats. I have personally been on a boat that burned and sunk in Alaska. I own and operate two vessels.

I recently joined Ken Marks and Marks Marine, after my old agency was sold to a bank. Ken and I - along with our in house Marine Insurance Manager, - Matt Speiser have a combined 60 years of experience selling
and managing Boat Insurance - Yacht Insurance and Full and Part time Charter Boat Insurance. We offer 24/7Claims serivce and plain old advice if that was is needed.

You will find both myself and Ken, at many of the regions boating events, including on the water, and I fish in many local Shark - Tuna - Marlin or Sailfish Tourneys both here, Florida and The Bahamas.

Marks Marine has been an Official Sponsor of the Ocean City Md. White Marlin Open since 2004. Many of you have the custom cockpit buckets given away each year. For those of you who know us, let us see if we can do a better job for you on your Sportfisherman's Yacht Insurance.

We offer very competetive rates with the very best Insurers. We review each and every contract we offer to you, in order to make sure our clients and prospective client, have the right insurance - at the right price for their needs. "Boat Insurance that works when you need it"
is our goal.

Vessels from 17' to 177' is our specialty!

Thank you for taking the time to read my offer and I hope to meet you at the show. If you stop by make sure you say Captn Joe sent you!

Captn Joe Sullivan - Marine Underwriter

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
hey joe just applied on line for both boats 266sailfish and 17 ft whaler -been thinking of changing anyway from travalers -now you motivated me . rich schad

·
Registered
149 Posts
Boat Insurance

I have been with Joe since I bought my boat in 2007, and have been very pleased with his high level of service and great rates. I had a claim back in 2009 on a Friday night - I called Joes cell the next morning which was a Satruday - he answered his phone, answered all my questions, and got my claim rolling. Can't beat that for service!

With insurance, you never realize what you are paying for until you have a claim or need a question answered. I am glad I went with Joe, rather than an 800# or an online company. Its great to have an agent who knows boating, can put a face to a name - and can also give you some advice on where the fish are biting!

Greg Smith

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I'll be right down the row from you Joe so I'll make sure to come say hello. :thumbsup: We have a few mutual friends coming on Saturday so we'll have to coordinate a break..:thumbsup::thumbsup: After what I've been through with a non marine insurance company I wouldn't want to go any other way but through Marks Marine.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Rod & Reel combo is awesome.
I have coupled a Saltiga 30 Jigging Reel with an OTI
6' nano carbon Fathom Blade Jigging Rod.
With a CMT jig package - a $700 value.

We are putting up pictures shortly.
Again if you are interested in a chance of
Winning this, let us give you a quote on your
Boat insurance

Captn Joe

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Capt Joe asked me to put together a top quality fishing package that would be equally able to tackle Cod, Sea bass and our NE tuna in one setup. I believe this suits the bill nicely Daiwa Saltiga 30 Jigging reel, OTI Fathom Blade 6' Nano Carbon rod and an assortment of tackle!

·
Registered
226 Posts
AC Boat show

Joe, good seeing you at the show today. It was nice to meet Mark as well. Good luck with the new venture. My info is on the way.
Jon

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Saturday at the boatshow, stretch run, - its getting pretty crowded here already,

Stop by and say hello - isle 300 - Booth 333

Captn Joe

·
Registered
988 Posts
Capt Joe......Good to finally meet you at the show.
When can I pick up the rod and reel that I won !!::eek:

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pennsylvania guy
It was nice meeting you yesterday as well

Show was packed yesterday

Last day to enter my raffle either here
Or with my online rater

I'm packing up and heading home after
3 pm today
Captn Joe

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Sorry I missed the show Joe.. still down in Florida beatin the backwater for another week.

Capt Joe has been handling my insurance for years.... great rates, better service...

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fmTuna,

Thank you my friend, that will definately qualify you for a cold beer or two at
Tomatoes.:D:thumbsup:

I entered you already in the raffle for your boat insurance!

Captn Joe

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took yesterday off after a very busy show.
Anyhow I will make the drawing this afternoon
And post result
Captn Joe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts