BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on heading to the show on Thursday afternoon and hope to catch Jim Hutchinson's "Grass Shrimpin' Weakfish" seminar at 3pm. But I have a couple of questions regarding the deals at these types of shows. I am looking to get a CC for the bay/inlet and inshore on nice days - something in the 18' range. Does anyone know how much the boats are discounted at the shows? Are the shows worth going to for the purpose of actually buying or just to get a good idea of the various options? More than likely, I'm going to buy a used boat w/ newer power instead of a new package, unless I can get a great deal on a new one.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
ASK THE DEALERS as only new boats can be displayed at the shows,most have photos of used boats they have on there lots. Shows will give you lots of info ,new or used .Bring a note book & pen with you to take notes....for list of dealers go to www.acboatshow.com Joe R.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I purchased a boat on the floor of the NY Boat show. Floor price was $57,000, I took all the info but did not commit. We negotiated for about a month and finally agreed on a price of $42,000, that gives you an idea of how much I had to play with. Not taht all deals are the same but do your homework. I called other dealers of the same boat and had them put in writting a sale price of the same boat from 3 different geographic locations and presented them to the dealer. He had to make a decision.
Sell or lose the deal. Just remember you have something he wants MONEY.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow - that 26% off. I wonder if that percent follows through on boats in the 18' range. Sound like I will have to do a lot more research before buying. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I dont think so but i didn my home work on the 18 footers and decided to negociate after the show. I bought a cobia 184 for the back bay and its been great 18500 for the trailor boat and motor minus electronics. I will tell ya he had it on the lot for 22500. and because i bought it cash he gave me a pretty good deal i think. especially for what i got the same comprable boat in its class was 23 and up so i felt confident in the deal. At the boat show it was 25000 with a small insentive i waited and it was as low as he would go. 4 stroke 115 yamaha was i decided on the engine.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Harbor... sounds like a good deal to me. Correct me if I am wrong, but the cobia is above average in cost as is the Yamaha engine. How do you like that engine? It is the one I want to find on whatever boat I end up with. I am going to wait a while and see how long the 184 cobia lasts that in the Barn Sale. He want $19,000 for a boat he won; to high. I'll wait for a while then offer $16,000. He can't expect to get retail.

·
Registered
139 Posts
We'll be there making sure they are shiny and clean everyday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts