BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Special vote on 9/20 about the Striper ban.

If voted and approved limits
1 24-28
1 34 and greater

AND get this

1 bonus over 28

See todays Press of AC-Shep on Fishing

Thank You Senate President Richard Codey,Sen Bob Smith. They expect quick passage of the bill.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Can someone please explain to me how the bonus fish works? Do you have to catch one 24-28 and one over 34 before you can keep one that's over 28?
They should have just said one 24-28 and one over 28.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Eddy- interesting question. Before it didn't matter too much which was used first b/c the sizes matched.

Now- if you catch a 28" fish first- can you use your bonus tag for it? Of course, these regs aren't even passed yet- but it will make for some great interpretation.

Also- imagine 6 guys on a boat and they have several of their legal keepers and a 28" bonus. Who is to say when it was caught and in what order. Gotta love it!

It will also be interesting to see if everyone who was against the tag program- now runs out and gets them so they can keep that populat 28-34".

Anyway- I'm sure the tag useage will increase and maybe we'll actually hit our allowable limit there.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
The bonus can be caught at any time but, as I understand it, be sure to fill out the tag as soon as it is boated.

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Like before, the bonus tag will make no different in the order of the fish......I hope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.