BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you believe it? On a reliable report i heard today from a friend who has close connections to the winter commercial boats up the edge, there has been acres of Bluefin out there. Go get em boys. Wish I had my rig in. a couple years ago I chased the report in May, but not this early

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
There is a 10 degree temp break in the Baltimore, 50ish to 61.

Of course you could always go 3 miles out of Virginia beach and catch them too!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
A friend of mine was flukin and saw them there a couple of days ago. Also was chatting with a long liner two days ago who said for the last month they have been all over. From the hudson all they way down to the northfolk. He said if you gave him 20 hooks he'd be back in a day with 2. Said they are 200-250lb class fish.

·
Registered
411 Posts
i see the water but how long ago was this report from the commercial boat ?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
We had planned to try to run a trip today into tomorrow to go have a look for ourselves, but the weather sorta fizzled out. Looking for some near perfect conditions and we''ll go. They should be there, seems a good bet...should be good chance for swords at night too I'd suspect. boat is in the water fueled and ready...just need the weather to coooperate.

Since the limit is only 1 per boat, we'd be primarily looking to have some fun, get on top of em and jig, throw poppers, etc... Just liike we are doing in Hatteras this month. At night, we'll set out a handful of sword baits and hang out in the warm cabin till the reels start screemin, lol.

If anyone is intersted in going drop me a line and i'll put you on my list to contact when we see the conditions lining up. We'd be leaving from Avalon, probably like 8am, coming back the next day sometime.
Tight Lines,

Trey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts