BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a walk Up to the beach tday-once I got there I saw 200 birds sitting on top of the water, the waters were clear, calm and 45degrees. It was warm so I got stoked, hustled home grabbed my stick and hurried back-walked to the edge carefully not trying to step in the piles of dog pooh, saw one dead dolphin, and started ripping out an AVA jig as far as I could-within 15 minutes the rod went BOOM!, yeah I screamed my first bass of 2012, the rod bent over and drag started screaming off! I was excited as hell, The fish held deep, as on ventnor's beach there is a really nice and deep cut, I couldn't see her but she didn't wanna give up! Finally I got her up in the shallows-then she popped her up-and a huge diver bird gave me look like what the hell is your problem $&#hole!!! She had the AVA jig firmly planted in her mouth-oh crap I thought and let the line go limp-when I did the jig fell out-holy crap, I thought to myself, these things must really look like sand eels...I proceeded to give her a lecture on not falling for anybody's tricks because other fisher guys might not be so nice -she just stood there and looked at me like I was outta my mind just like everybody else that sees me fishing off the beach in ventnor, and when I tried to give her a patt goodbye, she plopped back into the cut and swam away slowly, looking at me like I was a total nut the whole time, and that was the end of the action on the beach in ventnor. :nuts:

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I agree with the bird! :nuts: :razz:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Did you report the Dead Dolphin?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good Job getting out there and catchin em up :thumbsup: At least there is one confirmed bass between LBI and cape may-Thats encouraging!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Entertaining story, dude, at least you gave it a shot....:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts