BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fished on my boat out of Misipillion Inlet, DE on Saturday and Monday. (7/15/06 & 7/17/06) Sat. trip went to DE Reef #3 and worked our way up to Miah Maull Light. Hooked a nice fluke (about 6-lbs., 25") near the Maull on a squid minnow combo with a green squid teaser. Each drift thereafter we caught a few throw back, one more keeper and lost of skates. Bite stayed hot until the outgoing tide began to run.

Monday fished the afternoon. Spent the time between 4:00 p.m. and dark at the DE Reef #6. Started at the south point area and drifted east. On the first drift caught a nice fluke (4lb 20") on plain top and bottom rig with just killies. Caught a few throw backs and some really nice croakers. Moved to the sunken ship in the NW corner and caught my first keeper weakfish (15") of the season. More croaker and more throw backs. Tide began to really run (no wind and we were drifting at almost 3 mph) so we triad to anchor on the wreck. We got in good position but it was hard to hold bottom with anything less then 8oz. Few croakers and we ran home right as it got dark.

Saw loads of cownose rays swimming on the surface; I assume that they are mating. Foul hooked one but none would take the bait. Oh yeah, also lost a yellow barbell shaped marker. Put it in, it held bottom and used it as a reference for some decent structure while we drifted. Went back to it four times and then another boat moved right next to us. Next drift we cannot find the marker. I hope the other boat did not pick it up and I am assuming that the tide pulled it free.

I run a 26 foot Mako walk around and am looking to fish! If anyone from PA on this site wants to go out please email me at [email protected]. I am especially looking for weekday trips, but often have room for a few on the weekends. I am not a charter captain so I only ask you pay a share of the costs of fuel and bait.

David

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great report! It sounds like the reefs produced fish. I am very curious about them i may try them this weekend.

·
Registered
224 Posts
great post, using those markers are like a beacon for other boats, especially if you are drifting.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts