BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

We were able to get back out today with Tom, Tom, Chip, Richie, Tony, and Jay. The wind came up earlier than expected, as it was already 15 to 20 knots at 6:30am departure time. We made our way to the grounds, got set up on drop #1, and waited. The bite took a bit to materialize, but it got going for Chip while the rest of us watched him put on a show. People to his left side and people to his right and he caught while others scratched their heads. Even after he broke his magic rod swinging his over the rail, he continued to catch on one of Tom Schad's rods. Tom, Tom, and Rich got in the game here eventually, putting a couple in the box, too. It wasn't a hot bite, but a slower pick of nice fish. Stop #2 was a bit different with the bite being good as soon as the anchors came tight. They bit well down the port side with everyone getting bites, but they stopped biting after about 45 minutes. The fish here were of good quality, too. Stop #3 was our best of the day. The bite would be good for 10 minutes, then stop for 10 minutes, then be good again for 10 minutes. That said, everyone caught here and put fish in the cooler. We had a mix of small fish and nice fish on this drop. Another easy limit hit the box, and with steady 20 plus of northwest blowing up a frothy 3 to 4 foot chop, we pulled the hooks and headed for home.

Lot of fun today, guys! THANK YOU! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Capt. Smoothie

Wants again i had a great time and with good company. Cant wait to do it next week. The part of Adam being quiet and not saying a word.:razz: When the guy works hard for his crew i will say i dont think comming in early limited out is so bad. Make the call and break up the winter blues. Im sure youll be more then satisfied. Thanks Zeeb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.