BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Ran the BOMB out today with Mark, Jay, Frank, and Tom to shake her down and do some scouting.

BEAUTIFUL day on the water! Light winds, flat seas, and decent temps(although colder than we thought it would have been).

Water temps were decent, ranging from low 40's to mid 40's depending on where you were. We did see some fish, and an absolute MOTHER LOAD of bait - one would think they were herring, but Mark Horn did a little 'inspection' with our landing net, and they were foot long bunker! :eek: Tons, upon tons, upon tons of foot long bunker! It was insanity. When we were running along, the wash coming off the bow knifing through the water looked like it was raining bunker! Insane!

The kicker today was water clarity...it was about as dirty as you'll ever see it, even at high tide. You couldn't see bait and/or lures until they were out of the water.

That being said, when this water cleans up after the blow over the weekend and the torrential rain we're supposed to get on Saturday, it should be on as there is a TON of bait around and we did see some fish(including some large), as well!

Look for a report early next week as I'll go scout 'em out again!

See ya aboard SOON!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jonmcn, we were in the bay. We're out of Cape May. We were planning a trip Sunday, but are booked. The weather doesn't look promising, anyway. Any other time in the future you're looking to get, please give us a call!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Thanks for the report Adam That may just be enough to get my juices flowing. Surprised to hear of all the bunker this early. That is a good sign for fishing and for bait as well. Hope the boat ran well for ya.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Looking at the forecast for Saturday it looks like a no go, but your the cap, and I am sure I will have a phone ringing on Friday at some point. Nice to hear the bunker are around, lets talk about next weekend if this dosent happen, you have spots on Saturday and or Sunday there Bomb?

Mike

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
just a note , after this heavy rain we had up here in burlington co. i was at the delaware river the other day and there was quite a bit of trash in the water, and today on my way home on rt 295 when i went over the rancocas creek there were ALOT of tree limbs/trash in the creek, not sure how much or how long it takes for this stuff to make it down your way, but keep your eyes peeled.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up!

That junk usually ends up coming through the middle of the bay. Pretty nasty flotsam. It'll take a couple of decent days of tide cycles to clean that water up, and once it does, it's on!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Adam, Saw you out there. We had the same result. Saw one bass swirl next to the boat that looked to be good size. I was very surprised to see the bunker. Dan

·
Registered
590 Posts
TheAdamBomb said:
Hey guys,

Ran the BOMB out today with Mark, Jay, Frank, and Tom to shake her down and do some scouting.

BEAUTIFUL day on the water! Light winds, flat seas, and decent temps(although colder than we thought it would have been).

Water temps were decent, ranging from low 40's to mid 40's depending on where you were. We did see some fish, and an absolute MOTHER LOAD of bait - one would think they were herring, but Mark Horn did a little 'inspection' with our landing net, and they were foot long bunker! :eek: Tons, upon tons, upon tons of foot long bunker! It was insanity. When we were running along, the wash coming off the bow knifing through the water looked like it was raining bunker! Insane!

The kicker today was water clarity...it was about as dirty as you'll ever see it, even at high tide. You couldn't see bait and/or lures until they were out of the water.

That being said, when this water cleans up after the blow over the weekend and the torrential rain we're supposed to get on Saturday, it should be on as there is a TON of bait around and we did see some fish(including some large), as well!

Look for a report early next week as I'll go scout 'em out again!

See ya aboard SOON!
Adam:

Watching Mark hanging over the rail at about 10 knots with the bunker jumping into the net is not something that I'll soon forget. What a hoot.:D

Like we said this morning. It was a great day for a "ride"! Definitely a fun day.

I'll be back with you again soon. Good job today...the fish just weren't ready yet.

Frank

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan, saw you guys running around, too! I saw an honest 1/2 dozen, maybe a couple more, swirl as we were running, but the bay was absolutely dominated by bunker. Crazy stuff for this time of year. Should be flat out awesome once that water cleans up. Hope this 1" to 3" of rain they're calling Fri night into Sat cleans up by mid week next week, as I'm going to hit it again on Tues. You going?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RobaloFrank said:
Adam:

Watching Mark hanging over the rail at about 10 knots with the bunker jumping into the net is not something that I'll soon forget. What a hoot.:D

Like we said this morning. It was a great day for a "ride"! Definitely a fun day.

I'll be back with you again soon. Good job today...the fish just weren't ready yet.

Frank
Frank, it was a lot of fun with a lot of laughs. Beautiful day on the water in early March. Can't wait to get you out again!

Mark hanging over the side with the net, and bunker jumping several feet out of the water and him catching them was hilarious! That's the hardest I've laughed in a month! :) :D ;)

Josh, thanks dude! It'll be game on very soon!

·
Registered
590 Posts
TheAdamBomb said:
Frank, it was a lot of fun with a lot of laughs. Beautiful day on the water in early March. Can't wait to get you out again!

Mark hanging over the side with the net, and bunker jumping several feet out of the water and him catching them was hilarious! That's the hardest I've laughed in a month! :) :D ;)

Josh, thanks dude! It'll be game on very soon!
Adam:
I'll probably be down again before....but please put me on the list for the first Tog trip available.

Frank

1 - 20 of 27 Posts