BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What a great couple of days fishing!

Yesterday morning, we had the pleasure of fishing with John Callina and his private group. We fished early AM in about 15ft. of water and had steady bites thru the ebb tide. The bites were tough to put a hook in, but we did nab a striper of nearly 30lbs. and also a 20lb. drum. We marked tons of fish, and expected the bite to be very good in the evening. So, in the afternoon, we ventured out with a great group of guys on an open boat. Tom, Ken, John, Matt, and Kevin took advantage of a BEAUTIFUL evening that also saw GREAT fishing. Things started out slow, but judging from the looks of the Lowrance things were bound to turn on. Turn on they did, and we ended up crushing the drum for 2-hrs straight with everyone catching several fish plus a piece with Matt taking top honors with a black drum in the 50lb. to 60lb. range. We killed eight fish and released a whole bunch to fight another day. Great fishing, guys!

This morning, Chris Field stepped aboard with his group from Ameridoor. Fishing was great once again! We started out in the same area as yesterday hoping to nab a few drum. We fished about two hours and had 10 bites, hooked 7, and killed 4. We then made a run out to some togging country, and the bite was flat-out TORRID! We had mayhem togging with a limit of beautiful fish in the box within 45 minutes of setting up! We also released a bunch of fish that would not have needed to be measured if we were looking for more keepers! Yeeha! Thanks, guys! Great trip! We're heading out in a couple hours in search of some more boomers, and will report tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Adam hope to see ya on the water tonight . Sounds like you are staying down in the bay ? Fishing for a lower/upper bay answer if you would be so kind to help me make decision tonight .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Adam,

Nice catch as always!

Good seeing you out there 5/5 AM. We were a couple of hundred yards from yeah. Thanks for all you've taught me fishing on your boat w/ you. Two of us on my buddies boat put three 20 lber's in the box.

I looked in my cell phone directory for your # to say hi, but I only had you home phone #. I didn't want to shout over the water. Although we could hear your crew chatter as you guys brought in the fish!

Will try to hookup w/ you for a class on TOG and Sea Bass.

Guys, if you want learn fishing and have some fun, go out on a trip w/ Adam. He's the hardest working Capt. I've ever been out with!

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts