BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got in early today with another boat limit of togs courtesy of capt Smooth Adam Bomb. I was on way home from dock at 1:30.

Good group of Guys Chip, King tom,Tony, Rick, and jayburd. Drop 1 chip put a hurting on the tog Monkey grinding them in till he snapped his St Croix :(. I just stood next to him watched and listened to capt keep asking me if I am getting a bite. King tom on bow bagged a few as did cappy. I gave him my fish poison and I switched to the honeylam. Doesnt the guy start hooking them on my rod that minutes ago I had nothing:eek: That Bite died so

Moved to spot 2 and I finally get on the board-meantime tony's reel stiffens up so Chip puts his baitruinner reel on tonys rod and uses that combo while Tony now uses the black death stick(fish Poison tog slayer). Jayburd moves spots and Cappy bangs one from his spot. Bite came and went at spot 2 .

Drop three we were able to complete boat limit as King Tom , Jayburd, Tony(On the rod I couldnt get a sniff on earllier)and rick got into them good. Nothing huge but some respectible size toggies hit the cleaning tables-less than a handfull of smaller sized fish.

Good day good people to fish with-I have fished with Jayburd(good people) before but the other guys were real easy to get along with and we shared laughs and ballbreaking. All in all glad I didnt work today. Seas were bumpy on way out and home till we got close to the beach-made a leisurely 14 knots on way in and chip took a nap in carrot corner.

Jayburd good luck with sale and hope to codfish with you before you head south.

I am sure Capt will add and correct this post where needed.

I cant say I ever have met an a hole doing an open boat charter(besides myself of course) with Adam. I have done more than a few and always have met fun guys to fish with-all sharing knowledge, rigs willing to help. I didnt know who was going today and Jayburd reminded me that we have fished before together as he got on the boat. For those of you who are hesitant to go open boat alone its not a big deal -besides the Capt humbling me its always an enjoyable experience so give it a try

·
Registered
583 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a day just we had with Adam on sunday.

Seriously, it's always a good day when you get out on the AdamBomb. Lots of fun, lots of fish and lots of good music.

Congrats on a good day on the water.

JIm

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I can't understand why everyone busts my stones when I am quiet as a mouse and never say a word? :) ;) :D

Thanks for the post, Tom! It was a "super awesome" day! Lots of fun and tons of laughs. Had a ball watching you "Larry" and "Rodney" the tog and ask for the net on snags! ROOKIE! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Then don't come in early and keep playing catch and release.:D I only remember one time when I pulled a trip with Adam a bit early and that was only because the fish were so suicidal that I was getting a bit bored.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Then don't come in early and keep playing catch and release.:D I only remember one time when I pulled a trip with Adam a bit early and that was only because the fish were so suicidal that I was getting a bit bored.
We've been playing catch and release but with 20 to 25 knots of northwest it wasn't looking too appealing... :)

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Hey guys,
I see something like this, as innocent as it is, ( someone reported the post- thank you!) I have to stop what I am doing - log into the Barn to see if it is real or not. Then make changes, and then type a response,
I just lost 5 minutes of time. For what?

Please consider, we have four guys here who moderate this forum, and you kill our time, even though you are having fun, it is a bit of vandalism, and NOT FUNNY.

Thank you for keeping things on the up and up for us all.

Captn Joe

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Joe

Just lock it down-adam reported in another spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts