BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! We had trips the last couple days. On Wednesday, we had Shawn, Traci, Sam, Vinny, Ray, and Jon aboard for
our first bottom fishing trip of the year. We fished fairly deep water and found a slow bite with a couple of tog, a few ling,
and a cod making the box. The tog were decent fish, including a ten pounder, but not the life I had hoped for. It felt good to
be back on the water and see some bent rods, though! Thanks, guys!

On Thursday, we had Skip Maniero, Ed, Tom, and Clyde aboard for another bottom fishing trip. We changed directions a
bit today. We got on a nice bite of big tog! Clyde got the party started with a couple of smaller keepers, but then the big
boys decided to bite and everyone got in on the action! We ended up 1 short of the crrew's limit(our limit fish came
unbuttoned with the top shot literally on the reel!), and aside from three smaller keepers ALL of the fish were over 7.5lbs
with 6 or 7 over 10 pounds including the biggest of the day at 15.75lbs for Ed Maniero...GREAT fish, Ed! Thanks so much
guys and it felt great to get on a good tog bite! Can't wait till next time! Pics and video highlights....

THANKS EVERYONE! Call to get aboard! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
nice Adam! congrats on some nice trips guys! water looks so calm you could be fishing in your slip. Hopefully I can get out with you soon.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Depth ? Would really like to know. Good job water looks flat calm. Wish I was out.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Pictures AND video! Nice!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Awesome trip Adam. Weather held out. Expert anchoring, actually precision anchoring. And probably the most fish over 7lbs I have ever seen on a tog trip. What a way to start off the season. Great fishing with good friends and a hard working, expert captain who went the extra mile (or 2) for us. Thanks for the slow-mo vid of me losing Ed's 16lber before he caught it. LOL

Dredged the fish in flour seasoned lightly with old bay and lemon pepper seasoning. Then pan seared in olive oil, garlic, and a touch of butter. Finished in the oven. Absolutely delish.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What a combination of Adam picking the right spots and us scoring BIG on a scratchy bite. Sorry Tom but there were no extra hook marks in the big one's lips! And topping my PB twice on one trip was almost more than I could handle! It's amazing how many big fish 20 feet of water can hold.......Looking forward to next time, thanks Adam. Ed.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

I can't wait to get back out there!

Tom, Skip, and Ed - awesome job out there on some big fish! Tom - pulled hooks happens togging...especially on a big daddy who is giving you the business. Every time I watch that video, I start jonesing to get back out there!

Thanks again, everyone!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Awesome! I was waiting for a report from you. Can't wait to get out there!

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
It was a helluva day at sea, sir! Flat water, near limit, and big ones too.

Great job Ed for 2 PB's in one day, but you probably got Tom's fish in the same hook hole:D.

Thanks for the report.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts