BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

We had a great group out today headlined by Bob Maholland, TJ, Tim, Chip, Greg, and Scott. Running back to where the bite has been, we set up on our first drop and had some scratches right off the bat. Then, Bob hooks up on a nice 9 pounder. We got a slow but steady pick going here with some nice 5 to 6 pounders hitting the box. The urge was strong to try another piece, so we picked up the anchors and made a move. We got a good bite going down the port side and had some goodies coming over the rail. We had two MOOSES on here. I had one hooked up on the bow that I was able to get off the piece and then once he realized he wasn't going the way he wanted, he put the hammer down and all I could do was hold on while he did his thing. Unfortunately...the friggin hook pulled...ugh. Chip was up next...he hooked up on another beast that he moved a few feet off the piece and then the fish went to town. It was hammering for the bottom and when Chip tried to put on the brakes the fish broke BOTH hooks off on a snafu rig. Another beast wins out! With our 6 man limit in the box by 1045am, we made one more move to try another drop and once we got dialed in on them in the bow it was GAME ON with drop and reel fishing with everyone in the bow but Bob getting bites nearly as soon as they hit the bottom. I was scratching my head on that one...as everyone around the poor old fella was catching them good and he couldn't get a scratch. He moved 6 inches to the left and started getting bites...that's togging! We boxed the rest of our boat limit off this drop, and caught and released a bunch of good fish afterwards. I started the engines, yelled lines up in 2 minutes, and as I am clearing the deck Greg sets up and his rod doubles up. He wins this battle and yells pool fish, and it certainly was...a beauty that we released but based on length and previous weigh ins...this fish was 11 to 12 pounds...

His personal best...way to go Greg! After snapping a photo, we released the big boy to head back to his home. What a fish and what a GREAT way to end the day.

Thanks again guys! It was a beautiful ride in and TJ certainly enjoyed it in his new bean bag...

If you're looking to get out, be sure to give me a call! Togging is good and there are some big fish around! It will stay good with the water temps still at 45 to 47 degrees. Hope to see you soon! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Tog fishing with Capt. Adam

:fighting: Hey Adam, I might be old, but I am not poor. I like breaking balls, so when it's my turn I have to be able to take it and laugh at myself. The old F&*%. :wave::wave:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Adam,

Was fun getting out fishing with you and thanks for putting me over top my biggest white chin to date. Good thing you didnt cheat us out of the last 5 minutes. :razz::D

And Im glad I didnt make any bold prediction on our first drop like "I dont care where you put me I"ll catch fish anywhere!!!!". :D Hahaha.

Will look to get out again soon.

email me the pics you took when you get a chance [email protected]

thanks.

greg

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg, great fishing with you! It was awesome to see you catch your personal best! :thumbsup:

Bob certainly put his foot in his mouth! :) :D

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Harv, thanks very much. It was a beautiful late January day with good fishing and a fun crew...hard to beat!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey Capt whats the idea of letting everyone know I am getting old and in need of assistance:confused:. O yea they already know.You know I am only kidding but I didnt know I was that ugly. Thanks for another trip for the books had a blast. It still amazes me how six guys who have never even met util 6:00 am in the morning get on your boat and by 30 minutes into our first drop are busting each others balls.Was great meeting and fishing with all you guys.And I agree with circle Im glad I did not say I can get them anywhere.:razz: Thanks Adam. TJ

·
Registered
94 Posts
Adam Bomb Fishing

I was fortunate enough to fish with Adam for the first time on 1/19/12, and all I can say is I will be back again. Like TJ said, Adam has a way to get strangers together and feel comfortable enough to break a guys balls who you just met!:)
I think it prolly has something to do with all the togs he puts you on top of!!:D
I was a bum all day, but found my " late bloom". Greg's fish at the last minute was a beast!
Thanks Adam, you are a double anchor Maestro!
Tim

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Capt whats the idea of letting everyone know I am getting old and in need of assistance:confused:. O yea they already know.You know I am only kidding but I didnt know I was that ugly. Thanks for another trip for the books had a blast. It still amazes me how six guys who have never even met util 6:00 am in the morning get on your boat and by 30 minutes into our first drop are busting each others balls.Was great meeting and fishing with all you guys.And I agree with circle Im glad I did not say I can get them anywhere.:razz: Thanks Adam. TJ
TJ, it was a blast as always! Can't wait to do some more togging, cod fishing, and whatever else comes along! I am gonna do it again...thanks for the sweat shirt....that thing is a beast and like I told ya I feel like I am wearing a blanket! :thumbsup: See ya soon!

I was fortunate enough to fish with Adam for the first time on 1/19/12, and all I can say is I will be back again. Like TJ said, Adam has a way to get strangers together and feel comfortable enough to break a guys balls who you just met!:)
I think it prolly has something to do with all the togs he puts you on top of!!:D
I was a bum all day, but found my " late bloom". Greg's fish at the last minute was a beast!
Thanks Adam, you are a double anchor Maestro!
Tim
Tim, it was great having you aboard, and I am looking forward to getting you out many times in the future. A lot of the guys that fish with me on the Bomb have become personal friends, and guys who met each other through fishing on the boat have become friends on the water and on the hard. Great stuff! See ya soon!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Togging on the Adam Bomb

:bow::bow: Holy **** guys, I promise, I will never say that again as long as I live. LOL Still had a great time. The old fool. :razz::razz:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Get Some, Im usally worn out before we even get started. LOL But I aint quittin until I cant stand anymore. I look that bad and did not get any of the slobs put a few fish in the box but it wasnt my turn for the big ones. Thats why I need to back out and make it my turn.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
glad you guys had a good trip....Scott is part of our crew and was rubbing it in our faces on wednesday that he was togging on the bomb the next day......sounds like tog tacos on super bowl sunday for us:D

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! It was a blast! Enjoy the tog tacos...I kept a couple fillets and frying them up tonight. Gonna be GOOOOOOOOOOOOD! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts