BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Like last year, we will be running ALL WINTER. There is no need to get cabin fever! We're going to be fishing for tog until the temps get too cold, and then we'll be turning our attention to cod as we had a very good winter of cod fishing in 2011 along with ling, pollack, and an assortment of other fish to add to the catch. Winter time bottom fishing is one of my favorites! Here is our schedule for this week. All trips are 8 hours for $130 per person. Charters always available, too!

Thursday, January 5: 3 open seats

Friday, January 6: 6 open seats/charter

I have Monday to Saturday available next week, as well. Also, if you're looking to book striper, fluke, drum, sea bass, or other trips in 2012, we're taking reservations.

THANKS and HOPE TO SEE YA SOON! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
When do you expect you will be playing with the cod?...I would like to get out with you for them...

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When do you expect you will be playing with the cod?...I would like to get out with you for them...
Gordon, I spoke with a fisherman from New England and the bait just showed up. They've been picking some cod down off Block Island, but it still isn't in full swing yet. Once they get hot, I think we'll have them shortly after. I am anticipating a great end of January, February, and March. Let me know when you want to go! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Adam, how long do you think the tog bite will last?
That's a good question.

I'm not answering for him, but so far the bite is starting to slow down big time. I've been out there all last week and today and the bite has been very slow.

Would it pick up? Don't know, let's hope so.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it will be OK for a while. I'd imagine the recent slow down is due to the recently heavy winds and cold snap. If we could get a string of decent weather, I'd imagine it would be pretty good with the temps being where they are. I'll be fishing for them till it's too cold, and then moving on to cod and ling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.