BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Taking advantage of the warm temps, sunny skies, and early light winds with us today were Greg, Tom, Shawn, Chip, Ron, and Sam. We left before sun-up with relatively light southwest winds which made for a nice ride out! First stop started out with a lot of doggies, but we found a couple of nice POLLACK mixed in!

Sam with a beauty!

A short move, and Greg nails our first COD of the day...and a nice one!

We picked a few other nice cod here, along with a couple shorts, too. When the doggies became too much, we made a move. SEA BASS were thick here...small ones and fish to 3lbs., too. Unfortunately, they had to be vented and released with the season closure! We picked a few more keeper cod here and a few more shorts, as well. Also in the mix at this spot were some ling, a couple of pout, and a couple of short blackfish.

At this point, the wind had picked up substantially quite a bit earlier than was forecasted. Rather than continue in the depth and at the distance we were fishing, we elected to move shallower/closer to the beach. We fished three more drops in the shallower depths. First one produced a couple keeper cod including one of Shawn's couple for the day...

Another went in the box, and Sam tried flipping a nice one over the side and it fell off and bounced back in. He then hooked, fought, and landed the biggest silver eel I have ever seen. 4 footer...it was big and ugly.

All in all, a beautiful MID FEBRUARY DAY and a mixed bag box of cod, pollack, and ling. We also tossed back blackfish, sea bass, bergalls, dogfish, pout, and a silver eel...mixed bag bottom fishing! Between all the different species, it is GREAT action!

I am betting as the winter wears on, the cod numbers will increase, as well. If you'd like to get out for some good action on tasty bottom dwellers AND beat the cabin fever, give us a call!

THANKS GUYS! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Adam it was another as usual great day fishing on the BOMB.
Cod for Dinner and Thin Mint cookies for desert
Can't beat It :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grt been waiting all day for youre reports . need to fish need to fish need to fish.lol
Let me know what days you can go and we'll go get 'em! :thumbsup:

Adam it was another as usual great day fishing on the BOMB.
Cod for Dinner and Thin Mint cookies for desert
Can't beat It :thumbsup:
Sounds like a feast fit for a king! Can't wait to do it again with you and our mascot! :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great mixed bag of eats:thumbsup:Good job Capt
You got that right, cappy! I will call ya tomorrow. Got tied up this afternoon and we had company come over.

Good job beatin the winter blues Adam with some good table fare! Looks like you'll be fishing right through till spring run!!!!
John, I will be bottom fishin till the bass fishing gets good in the bay! See ya soon!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Adam,

For us bottom fishing junkies your report has me ready to go out. This is great to see. I agree with you that the fishing should only get better over the next several months for the mid and inshore cod.

Peter

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete,

This week looks to have a few nice days. That would be pretty incredible for February. This winter time bottom fishing is a ton of fun. Besides great eating fish, the variety is part of what makes it so much fun.

Best of luck out there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts