BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that we need to post a list of supporters who are making the trip to DC to fight for our rights.

In the same way that we support our Bass Barn sponsors, we should be first giving preferential treatment to those businesses / party and charter boats that made the trip and fought for our right to fish.

Talk is cheap! Lets first give our money to those businesses who made the trip. Ron needs to highlight these guys in the sponsor section maybe put a large logo like ":fighting:" to show that these guys fought for us.

Why should I give my business to any barn sponsor? I'll pay extra to support a sponsor who fought and made the trip with me.

Stand up and be counted...
Or lose my freaken business!

I'll be forwarding this to Ron to see if we can list all of the sponsors that contributed to this effort.

George

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DoubleG your on the money, fishing is a hobby for me and a living for those folks. I realize there may underlying reason they don't come to the front online, but I would really expect them to attend the rally.
Squidder
I realize that not everyone can attend. I've had communication with Ron. It's difficult to determine who will be attending & not everyone can afford to take a day off from work, but I would still like to find a way to recognize everyone that contributes or attends the march on DC.

How many Dads & Grandpops want to tell there kids that "we use to be able to fish, but I didn't think that my voice would be heard. So I didn't go on the march."

In all the years that we've been fishing this is the only large organized march where we can have our numbers counted. If we don't collectively pull this off, what are the chances that we'll ever get organized?

This march will determine if we will or will not be taken seriously. I hope that we don't fail as this might become our last ditch effort. Then tell your kids and grand kids why we can't go fishing.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
amen on what you said doubleG this is everyone's fight but there lively hood work or no work they should be there and i would hope they are
It's EVERYONE's responsibility to account for themselves! Whether it impacts your livelihood or your weekend passions everybody needs to look into the mirror.

Not only are the commercial / recreational fishermen impacted but include all of the hotels, restaurants, gas stations,marinas, boat builders, sporting good stores etc.

We can't point fingers at others for not supporting the march if we don't go ourselves. And if someone complains that a group of businessmen (or anyone else) didn't go...

I'll just respond "And where the hell were you?".:please:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Topic made me chuckle. Just used to seeing "support our advertisers."

I'll be there Feb 24th. My neighbor who has never fished is going with me just because he knows how much it means to me and my family.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Let me see if I understand:

A Sponsor that-

- helps make the site possible by paying advertising fees
- posts helpful advice, for free, all the time
- supports the SSFFF
- supports the RFA
- VOTES "angler friendly" in all local/state/federal elections
- writes letters
- signs online petitions
- but DOES NOT go to the rally

is UNWORTHY of our support

But a sponsor that-

- helps make the site possible by paying advertising fees
- shows his face at a rally so everyone in the group can see him there
- and does NOTHING else us for us

is WORTHY of all our support?!? :confused:

You know, I'm all for the rally, and I hope you guys make a difference, but this whole "go to the rally or you suck" attitude is really getting old. You guys are causing more of a division with that attitude than you are willing to accept.

Why can't you just keep everything positive, and hope that everyone does "something"? Why does everyone have to do what YOU want?

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Joey
Just one question for you...
Are you going?
No.

I wish you guys the best, but I prefer to fight this battle with VOTES and by donating to funds/associations that can battle in court.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
WOW !!!!!!!!! And you criticized my attitude, as far as I'm concerned you have nothing to say, certainly anything I would give credability.
Your attitude was negative.

I have been pleading/preaching being positive.

Not credible? Oh well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.