BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to LBI without the Fiance next weekend. I am considering where to fish. On Friday I thought about getting eels and trying my luck at the Old Barney jetty. I would target schoolie stripers and blues. I've only caught 1 striper in my life and it was there. I am not sure of alternatives. I could try lighter tackle for sea bass but I have never targeted them and don't know how. Also, if I am on the jetty how do I determine a good spot?

On Saturday I considered taking my kayak to the High Bar Harbor area to try for some weakies and blues.

On Sunday I will be on my Uncle's boat for weakies.

On Monday we are heading out on a chater for Tile and Tuna.

This is my last weekend before my wedding so I really want it to be good. Afterwards we are buying our first home so fishing may be on the back burner for a little while.

I am not asking to burn spots. Just some local and/or general advice is nice. PM or email me if you like.

[email protected]

Thanks and tight lines to all!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Trying eels off the jetty is a good idea, go around sunset, there have been some bass being caught. You could also throw some dark plugs when it starts getting darker for bass. When fishing the jetty I like to try many different spots looking for baitfish, also look for spots where currents come together. When fishing the jetty some people feel that casting far out is the best, when in most cases the bass are within ten yards of the rocks. Wear cleats. Good luck

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by kmq102:
I am heading down to LBI without the Fiance next weekend...

...This is my last weekend before my wedding so I really want it to be good.
And you're fishing??? Hehe, just kidding man. Good luck, sounds like you're ideas are heading in the right direction.

[ 08-21-2005, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: cam ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.