BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a boat and i'm interested in buying a fishfinder for it. I was looking at the Garmin Gpsmap440 fishfinder-chartplotter. I was wondering if that is good to buy or should I get something else. I'd like to spend from 300-400 if possible and i have a 16' boat. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Garmin 440s

i just bought a 440s in november and stuck in on my boat for a couple until i was able to get a bigger screen. i recently bought a 3210. so i am selling the 440s if you are interested. the unit practically brand new. the screen was a bit small for my boat which is 24ft. i was using a raymarine unit for the last few years and while the fishfinder is much better on the raymarine the mapping on the garmin is top notch which is actually what swayed me to upgrade to the 3210. If you are interested let me know.

Nicholas
[email protected]

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont go out that far in the ocean maybe a mile or so. Is it a good for the money though? My center console is small so that why i was looking at the 440. Is that the way to go for what I'm looking for or should i get something different? I'm definately interested in it. what are you looking to sell it for? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm just looking for the right equipement. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Garmin 440s

no problem i am happy to help. I think its a perfect unit for what you are looking for and for the price. like i said the screen is a little small but it works awesome. as soon as you go to the bigger units the price goes up significantly. i am looking to get $300 for it. i have all original packing and wiring. It is super easy to hook up too! i just bought it for over 400.00 in november and used it two or three times.

give me a call if you have any questions

732 300 0251
Nicholas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.