BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering docking at cape horn marina or using the forklift sevice at chestnut neck next year. Can I get feedback from anybody using either one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i've gone out of capehorn. nice people,pretty well stocked tackle wise and good bait. long run to the inlet/greatbay area. some trouble at low tide, but once you learn the area that's minimal.chesnutneck is like the above service wise. also long run.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I keep my boat at great bay marina - part of the trailer club. good people the run to the inlet is not that long. no problems with the tide, except the ramp is real slippery at low tide.

Just something to consider

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i didn't want to " advertise", but i'm in the trailer club too at gbm. great location!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Cape Horn is fine, I run a 21 cc and slipped there last fall. I had no trouble with H2O depth but I didn't like the orange sand that everyone seemed to track on the boat. The water wasn't on at that time so that made it worse. The run to the inlet was short and nice, all on a plane. If you can keep the sand off the deck. I'm trailering at Rand's this year but I'll never trailer a whole season again, big PIA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts