BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if someone's going to take some aerial pics of some inlets in CM Co? Did a drive around at Hereford this morning - early incoming tide. Looks like huge changes. Probably related to beach work in N. Wildwood. Imagine same occurring at Corsons and north side of Townsend. Someone took a few shots a couple years ago and pretty neat. The Google stuff is dated so not a help. With improving weather and and low tides in mornings might be an opportunity. Tks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point. Always changing. However, the rate of change should decline as the number and intensity of winter and spring storms diminishes. I know the best way is to get out there (hopefully not having to call Sea Tow) but just thought some overheads at low tide would be of interest - sure would interest me. Not just for navigation purposes but for surf fishing too. Hereford appears to have changed a lot, with further extension of the beach south from Stone Harbor, and big split in Champaign Isl structure. Have you tried it yet, Capt Scott? Anyhow just a thought on a beautiful weekend when I wish boat was in the water. Afterall -- stripers are open now!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
saw a small single engine plane circling over the area yesterday...hopefully someone onboard had a camera and will post the pics...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Good point. Always changing. However, the rate of change should decline as the number and intensity of winter and spring storms diminishes. I know the best way is to get out there (hopefully not having to call Sea Tow) but just thought some overheads at low tide would be of interest - sure would interest me. Not just for navigation purposes but for surf fishing too. Hereford appears to have changed a lot, with further extension of the beach south from Stone Harbor, and big split in Champaign Isl structure. Have you tried it yet, Capt Scott? Anyhow just a thought on a beautiful weekend when I wish boat was in the water. Afterall -- stripers are open now!
Actually a lot of change goes on during the season shift....much of the change isn't attributed to storms but the completely different wave action over a long period of time....

I'll try and find the reference I usually link that describes how beaches are builyt back and the inlets change.....

While storms make major changes quickly...some come every year no matter what...like why the main channels form in the direction they normally do and why a north cut usually forms too...

Haven't been down to Hereford yet this year...heck...haven't wanted to move the boat and have to run antifreeze through again!!! :eek:

Maybe soon if the warm weather holds....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.