BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am going fishing on Monday, was curious what everyone's thoughts were on the striper bite prior to a cold front vs after a cold front. I have seen great action prior to a storm where the fish were on the feed pretty good. I have also seen good action after a cold front has come through that pushed more fish south. I would say that pre-front is probably better, what would everyone else say?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We ended up going Monday as I had a PTO day and that was the plan all along. It wasnt bad at first light. We hoped on a headboat in the Highlands. Only 13 people showed up to the boat. We ran up the bay up past Hazlet I believe and saw massive flocks of birds dive bombing. My bro-in-law got a fish on the first drift..decent 33". I got a short a little bit later quickly followed by a 28". At about 1030 the wind kicked into high gear...drifting at least 3 knots at this point. Birds still working all over but couldnt get a decent drift going. Captain called it a day before noon and gave the hearty souls on the boat a free pass. Bro-in-law got the pool with the 33". Only 8 fish caught. Will be heading down later this week to give it a re-do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts