BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Franks Pier....

The down side is that it get NAILED in all big storms and all of the ferry traffic walks past your boat.

I would be more worried about the storms than theft as the marina does a really good job on the theft front.

But franks pier is right off the back cut and in a NE blow the waves roll rich into the cut and it gets really bad. If you had to do frank's pair I would think that closer to shore the better off you are; the end is brutal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Try the middle.

I think the best spot would be in the middle,piers 3,4,and5.You have the best protection from the breakwater,you are away from the ramp and its traffic,and away from the commuters.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
franks pier , my buddys boat was there and got a hole in her and ripped rail off, the next year they moved him and i moved onto franks pier , i had 17 lines in one storm and broke 6 of the 17 , getting on a rocking boat in a storm to add new lines because they broke is no fun ,but we saved her the boat behind me sank in her slip when her swim platform put a whole in the transum , still not sure if i was lucky or him , they say you have to do the time at franks pier , but i do know a few that begged and got moved :bow:

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Franks pier

As said the bulk head to the middle of franks isn't so bad . Also the east side of the dock is better then the west side . depending on the size of your boat franks #3 is only good for a 20 ' boat .

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im In

Thanks all for your assistance. I'm on the floating dock on Pier 8, slip 27 about 1/2 way out. Looks like a very nice spot. Somehow I managed to stay away from Franks Pier.... I'm not sure how I scored this slip but I'll certainly take it. Very reasonable... only a few hundred more than my past slip at Capt's Cove Marina. Capt's Cove is a nice hidden spot but definitley blue collar with no amenities at all and tough to get on your boat at times. Once the bulkhead caved in during Irene, I had to move and wasnt sure he would have a slip for me this year. When he didnt return my call, I figured it was time to find something else.

This worked out great. Thanks again for the advice.

Greg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Glad to have you at AHMM Greg!!! Im on Dock 7 Slip 28, so Im right across from you. Last year was my first year there and I loved it for the most part. (Cant stand walking by the dumpster when I load and unload the truck) Nice guys on those docks.

Look forward to meetin ya!!
Your more then welcome to come on by and jump on a trip with us anytime!!!

Joe

·
Registered
684 Posts
Best of luck Greg. Im on pier 6 but did my time on Franks. Slip 94 (thay park the ferry thier now) and I too broke 13 of 14 lines out ther during a noreaster in 1995. Glad im inside now, also watching some of the trailer boats at the launch ramp can be worth the price of admission on its own! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.