BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive been wanting to hook into some Amberjack since moving down to Fl In November. Today the weather gods gave us some flat seas so we ran out 13 miles to a wreck known to hold em. We stopped and loaded up on some blue runners on the way out. Well this is one fish that you better be in the mood for because they dont come in easy. The 20 pounder my wife caught puts any striper Ive ever hooked to shame. The 50 plus one I hooked had his way with me for 15 minutes before I finaly stated moving him toward the boat. Theese fish are easy to find and easy to hook up and delicous on the grill. Another one of Floridas overlooked species because there are so many fish you can target.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I love fighting AJ's. Try a bait slick and see if you can get em going topwater on big xraps. Just bring extra treble hooks;).

·
Registered
744 Posts
I love fighting AJ's. Try a bait slick and see if you can get em going topwater on big xraps. Just bring extra treble hooks;).
Are we going to get a chance at some reef donkey's this spring or what?!!!

I saw your post about the Stella, wouldn't mine still going on a FL trip for 6 hundo instead of that reel. :huh:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Are we going to get a chance at some reef donkey's this spring or what?!!!

I saw your post about the Stella, wouldn't mine still going on a FL trip for 6 hundo instead of that reel. :huh:
I'm buying the Stella after I win the 2010 fantasy hockey cup;).

I haven't heard anything from anybody about Fla. I have a month to get the marina paid off and get my boat ready to go which is priority number #1 right now.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm buying the Stella after I win the 2010 fantasy hockey cup;).

I haven't heard anything from anybody about Fla. I have a month to get the marina paid off and get my boat ready to go which is priority number #1 right now.

Lets just count the days now!!!
Next year!!! ...we'll do the FL Keys right! :fighting:

See you in the cup Pedro!!! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.