BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I were thinking of booking a trip to Alaska this summer for Salmon and Rainbows ,can anyone recommend a good lodge to stay at?Thanks....Oh yeah,something not too expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
JJ My wife & I are going this summer also. Have you narrowed down a time & area? We have about decided on late Aug & early Sept. flying to Anchorage & driving around Kenai Penn. Check the time of year for salmon & trout. From what I have gleamed, the Kings are done by end of July & trouting is usually better later. I am not the best researcher but there is tons of info available & some web sites that are helpful. Good luck & e-mail me if you want some sites.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wish I checked for this thread last night. One of my good buds was over last night. He is home from AK for three weeks. I will ask him where he would recommend up there. He pretty much moves around the state all year but he will know the best lodge and more importantly the best fishing and when. I'll post back after I talk to him.

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I worked in Alaska for awhile. Fairbanks area, did alot of fishing but didn't stay at a lodge. If this is your first trip up there you're in for a treat. Alaska is breathtaking. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sparse grey said:
JJ My wife & I are going this summer also. Have you narrowed down a time & area? We have about decided on late Aug & early Sept. flying to Anchorage & driving around Kenai Penn. Check the time of year for salmon & trout. From what I have gleamed, the Kings are done by end of July & trouting is usually better later. I am not the best researcher but there is tons of info available & some web sites that are helpful. Good luck & e-mail me if you want some sites.
I've looked at a bunch of lodges on line but I'm not sure what area or lodge would be the best.We're able to go at any time at this point.Most of the areas we looked at showed late june through late July best for Rainbows and Kings.I guess this is the time period we're looking at.I'll keep seaching the web.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Alaska

I have been there a number of times, if you call me, I will give you a rundown and where I am going next time, incidently my wife is going back again with me.
blackfin 610 563 8862

·
Registered
1 Posts
alaska

yo joe,
spent the last 6 out of the last 8 yrs working at fishing lodges in alaska. email me and i will give you all the ideas you want. joe f.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been going to Diericks Tsiu river Lodge for 6 years now..It's unbelieveable... I get between 50-100 Silver salmon a day on flys... It's located between Cordova & Yakutat..You have to take a shuttle plane from either town.. It's not cheap because of the flights... I tie flies for the owner & he takes off the cost,, I think it's the best silver fishery around..I went last year with 5 friends ,3 who don't fly fish but used conventional gear & they all had a ball..A few tried fly fishing & caught about 10-15 silvers .. Some areas are only a 30-50' cast , so you don't have to be a great caster..A great lodge , nice people , good food & cabins with toilet & showers etc...Check out the site . WWW.tsiuriverlodge.com You'll love it....Jim:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts