BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out targeting them yet? I did a trip 2 weeks ago found two schools but couldn't get tight. Wet out last Thursday briefly and myself and another boat couldn't find them. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can share some intel. These should be my primary target until they're out of here.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fished the Brooklyn side of the Ambrose channel yesterday 70-80ft of water in the tuna fleet. Plenty of albies no luck with the tuna.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to contribute to this thread due to the weather but I’m hoping next week or two. Floated the idea of chunking a lump with spearing and try to catch them that way ? Anyone ever try that ?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have been on headboat trips where we were bluefishing and albies were being caught. Some of the more productive ways was to use killies drifting back with the chum slick. Tiny hooks and light leader seemed to be the way to go. Some were also caught on 07 and 17 diamond jigs as well but not as many.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heading out tomorrow on the hunt. Haven’t heard much in the way of intel but hoping to get into a few. I’ll report back hopefully with a positive report.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished 8am-130pm. Started off Ventnor in a birdnando. Birds working everywhere but never really saw what was causing it. Moved off to 50 FOW and saw some splashes. Stopped on the motherload of Albies and bonito. Landed 4 Albies and all the Bonito you’d want. Lost at least another 4 Albies as well. 3/4oz Deadly dicks were the bait of choice in blue and white.
Clothing Blue Jaw Sleeve Fin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts