BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My albright seems to be sliping
Once I tighten it all up and give it my "test" it fails seems the flouro is just sliding right out

·
Registered
520 Posts
How many braid turns are you using? I do a braid to floro albright with 20 turns and it doesn't slip when I put on gloves and give it the stress test. I then take a little crazy glue and glue down the free end of braid and lighly coat the wraps. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
SIC Wit It said:
Once I tighten it all up and give it my "test" it fails seems the flouro is just sliding right out
Check you e-mail

I sent you a link to a knot I use, It s a variation of the Albright. It is called the Alberto knot (modified Albright) and was made by "Crazy Alberto Knie. I have never had this knot slip even on big tog up to 13lb.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks vince gonna give it a shot

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used the albright knot to connect my backing to my braid.

I found that, after making your twists around the line, it's absolutely important to make sure that you pass the line back through the loop on the same side that you started (does that make sense?).

Otherwise, my knots would slip.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
SIC Wit It said:

Mnay people swear by the albright, or the modified alberto. I was never able to tie it properly either, and it slipped when I bench tested it. I use a modified uni to uni with good success.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Bay Stalker said:
Check you e-mail

I sent you a link to a knot I use, It s a variation of the Albright. It is called the Alberto knot (modified Albright) and was made by "Crazy Alberto Knie. I have never had this knot slip even on big tog up to 13lb.
I have to agree...I have been using the "alberto special" for several years and have never had it fail.....the tip about a drop of crazy glue is also a good one...seems to lock up the knot....:cool:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Pacman said:
I found that, after making your twists around the line, it's absolutely important to make sure that you pass the line back through the loop on the same side that you started (does that make sense?).
yes.

see the animated knot site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts