BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Mercury owners. We just received this from our distributor.

Mercury U.S. has just announced that it will have a price increase on oil and lubricant products effective April 18, 2008. The average increase will be 7%, with some items higher and some lower.

If any one is interested in getting ahead of the curve call the shop and we can order what you need ahead of the price increse.

Mike

·
Registered
862 Posts
I would not worry to much guys. We have the same price increases every year from all of our vendors at about the same time. If a dealer does any kind of volume and places bulk orders with vendors you will usually not see these price increases until the 09 season. The normal is about 5 percent anually , I dont think 7 percent is to bad with the cost of crude oil today.

If your trying to advertise your business , why don't you just say your having an oil sale rather then giving customers more woes about the expense of boating . These are normally price increases that we see every year from every vendor not just Mercury.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KING MARINE OUTBOARD said:
I would not worry to much guys. We have the same price increases every year from all of our vendors at about the same time. If a dealer does any kind of volume and places bulk orders with vendors you will usually not see these price increases until the 09 season. The normal is about 5 percent anually , I dont think 7 percent is to bad with the cost of crude oil today.

If your trying to advertise your business , why don't you just say your having an oil sale rather then giving customers more woes about the expense of boating . These are normally price increases that we see every year from every vendor not just Mercury.
I apologize if I scared any Mercury customers, but I have to disagree that all vendors increase every year. We have seen over the last 9 years that about only 30% go up and 3% for some reason go down.

Our intentions was not to scare but to inform Barn members of a pending increase, as we are not having a sale but after the date on our next order we will have to increase our price. If you can lock in your price all the better for you but do not lead anyone to believe that all prices go up 5% as that is totally wrong and more damaging.

As a consumer I would welcome a heads up on a pending increase and we would like to continue to inform but if this is bad manners then I will limit it to our website.

Advertising is three large banners for co-op money, we only were trying to pass on information, the same info that you got and were asked to share.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
A 7% increase is not bad at all. Some of our BRP parts went up 90% last year. Thats right 90%. Nothing ever goes down only up. Its not just the marine industry. Everything goes up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts