BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the weekend crowds around I set out looking for cleaner water and some elbow room to work. For the first three hours sat. I had all the wrong moves as the spots I checked were barren. With the distinct threat of a skunk looming I finally found some life. Started to pick at them in solitude but soon the spot was a parking lot and I left them biting. Largest was low 20's and given another chance to spawn

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its difficult to avoid some "traffic" but the weekend flotillas can be insane at times. I rarely am that desperate for a fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Funny, but my brother & I pretty much only get to fish on weekends with the flotilla, but even in our relatively small Carolina Skiff we avoid the fleet and try and find some productive dropoffs etc. away from the fleet. I prefer to have fun and try and find my own versus dealing with the headaches of fishing with the fleet, especially in a smaller craft that gets rocked pretty good by the wakes of larger passing flotilla members.

To me cathing is not paramount, enjoying a day on the water with friends and family and finding your own fish is more fun and much tougher to do on weekends.

But compared to work, it is all good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts