BASS BARN banner

Do you plan on fishing Alloway Lake in 2010?

• YES

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • NO

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • POSSIBLY

Votes: 7 18.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I've been past it, looks liek a nice place. I"m sure I'll throw the canoe in there a time or two :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Non-hater here bro:thumbsup:, not sure, depends if they change some of the regs.;)
Where can i find a website on the Regs? I was looking and just came up with nada:huh:. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
The main reg. that everyone is arguing about is whether to allow or not to allow any type of Gas motor attached to your boat, as of now you can-not, if you have the prop off or have it bagged its still a no-no. I understand the sand leading down to the ramp is very soft causing vehicles to get stuck, you need a 4x4 or just carry down a canoe or jon.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Here are the pertinent regs for Alloway Lake...

"No person shall launch, dock or operate any gasoline-powered watercraft in Alloway Lake."

"In accordance with laws of the State of New Jersey, only battery-powered electric motors may be used on boats operated in Alloway Lake. Any boat containing gasoline, motor oil, or gasoline/oil mixtures or other petroleum products whether in gasoline cans, fuel tanks, motors or any other type of container is hereby specifically prohibited from use in Alloway Lake, except as specifically authorized by the Committee."

The question some have asked is whether a boat with an outboard, but with the gas can removed and all gas drained from the carburetor is prohibited. In that case the boat wouldn't be gasoline-powered and wouldn't have any fuel on board.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks guys. I will be fishing it then. Taking off my 9.9 is pretty easy so it would not bother me any. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.