BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
alloway lake

fished there the other day and was thoroughly disappointed. not even a bite. its almost like its a dead lake. wont be going back any time within the next few years, figuring thats what it will take for any fish in there to grow to any size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with you 100%. This lake used to be a pig factory. I had the pleasure of fishing it before it emptied out and it was truly the best fishing hole in the southern part of the state. I believe that it will regain this reputation but it will be a couple of years. Remember, this thing was empty and those pigs need more than a foot of water running through the channel. You asked for a report and i'm just giving you what i thought. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be what it was.:wave:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I fished there last weekend and was thoroughly skunked. A buddy of mine and I hit it in a john boat and spent more than a few hours there. Between the two of us, we tried slow rolling spinners, rapalas, worms, and jigs and didn't get a bite all day.
We had two children with us that were fishing live bait that didn’t have any better luck.
We ran into some otters and a turtle, but no fish. I'm sure there's fish in there but it will take a better fisherman than me to catch them. (Which isn't saying much.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I fished it for a few hours last week. Definatley not what it used to be. I was hoping for some of the once plentiful crappie , but only caught one Pickeral.

Hopefully it will get better over the next few years.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Alloway

Gave it 5 hrs. last week,and not a sniff,It'll be years before that lake,if ever gets back to what it once was. 1 good thing is there are other lakes close by that are 100% better then this lake.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Same here,about a doz. pickerel,ones wearing a $8 crankbait as a lip ring,most other guys I talk to said it was mostly pickerel for them also,think I'll try some of the other ponds on rt.40 next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.