BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spare 8 foot VHF antenna in the garage and would like to know if a VHF antenna could be used for an AM/FM antenna. Is there a plug I can solder on to go into the radio.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I have a spare 8 foot VHF antenna in the garage and would like to know if a VHF antenna could be used for an AM/FM antenna. Is there a plug I can solder on to go into the radio.
They are totaly diffrent frequency ranges, and the antennas are not the same. They make a splitter for VHF antennas, but they are garbage.

You best bet is a 6 dollar Dipole (long wire) antenna works the best I have ever seen.

·
Registered
6,798 Posts
I forget where I bought it, but all it was was a stick on ant about 30" long I put along the bottom of the 17 Mako's windshield. It kicked butt and picked up more FM channels than the radio in the truck. It was only like 18-20 bucks when I bought it. It had the cable with the plug right into the AM/FM radio.. It worked for both AM and FM.. Can't remember where I got it, but they must still make them??

I need another one if anyone finds them..

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I forget where I bought it, but all it was was a stick on ant about 30" long I put along the bottom of the 17 Mako's windshield. It kicked butt and picked up more FM channels than the radio in the truck. It was only like 18-20 bucks when I bought it. It had the cable with the plug right into the AM/FM radio.. It worked for both AM and FM.. Can't remember where I got it, but they must still make them??

I need another one if anyone finds them..
They still make them, and I use them all the time, they are called "Stick on glass" antennas, and need 12v to the antenna.

We picked up a 6' long wire type of antenna from boaters world. Cost about $10 or so, it is just layed up in the EBox and works great.

K
It's funny how no one believes how good thy work until they see it for themselves!! I wish everyone would use them over those VHF splitters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.