BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working at the wastewater treatment plant going into wildwood for the last 16 yrs. Our plant sits right on the meadows next to pier 47 marina. Every day I can observe things that change on the meadows week to week, month to month. Right now the seagulls are pairing up to nest, we have about a hundred of them in the stones out back, the red wing blackbirds are singing their mating calls in the fragmity reeds, and soon I will start seeing green shoots coming up from the brown grass in the meadows. Won't be long at all now, soon as the laughing gulls come in, about two or three weeks the bite will be on! Also for anybody interested the water in the creek out back, has been crystal clear all winter, sometimes I can see out 15 to 20 ft., out from the bank!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeh, i have also noticed that this fall/winter. Most of the time i am on the bay, i notice how clear the water has been. Just hope it stays that way for the next 6 months!

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
First laughing gull down at the ferry yesterday. Here it comes. :D

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Tree swallows are back. Saw quite a few last night on my pond.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Joe,
Spring peepers and wood frogs have been going at it down near me for the past few weeks. Nothing hot and heavy as of yet, but they are vocal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts