BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new anchor to go with the soon to be installed windlass so I'm wondering if I should go with a Delta Fast Set or a Danforth style anchor. Will mainly use this set-up in the bay. Any thoughts...:huh:

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Need to know more about the boat!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I switched from a danford to a plow, I think its a Simpson Lawrence
about 5 years a go it usually sets on the first try and rarely doesn't hold.

I would say maybe only 3 or 4 failures since changing types.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
13# Danforth type anchor. The chain and line will depend on the windlass. Since you will have a windlass, go with at least 10 ft of chain.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I will stick with the Danforth that I have been using.
I had to cut my anchor rode a few years back so when I went to replace it with another danforth the the young man told me that my dow pulpit was made for a plow it tucks in there perfectly.It did cost more but it is well worth it.I dont anchor much but when i clam for stripes it holds fast and comes out easy enough when I pull up to and and over it.I don't have a windless (wish I did).But I use a short length of chain. If you already have the anchor and it works then by all means use it but if you do lose it you may want to reconsider your options

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.