BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Occasionally the term "Ancient Mariners" pops up in various threads. Who are they and what are the requirements of joining?? What are the rules and objectives of this group??

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
I was inducted last fall. Not sure about everything but. Must be over 50 and have a love for fishing. It is by invite only. I'm sure other members will give more info.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Don't feel bad they won't let me join either.

I have noticed that the more that you say Bellies Suck the better your chances are. If ya find there secret club house on the water BLAST your horn every time that ya go by at 3:30 am. Or kidnap There little mascot Wilson !!!!

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
These characteristics have been observed by some(NOT ALL)Ancient Mariners:
-consume numerous cocktails
-good fisherman
-consume numerous coktails
-willing to share wealth of fishing knowledge
-consume numerous cocktails
-lOts of free time for fishing and you guessed it,
COCKTAILS

·
Registered
23,396 Posts
Mike 4 out of 7 isn't bad!! :D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Originally posted by ruelstyre:
Occasionally the term "Ancient Mariners" pops up in various threads. Who are they and what are the requirements of joining?? What are the rules and objectives of this group??
Even thought all the answer that you already have gotten are correct. There aren't any reel requirements other then being 50. Yes it is true that some have made it in before they turned 50, But that was in the early years of it's inception. What it is really is a reason to get together twice a year to share the love of fishing.

How ever it is true to get in is by invite only. But by letting some one from this group know that you want in helps allot. Fishing with one of the Ancient's helps also. Now if you want to fill out an application that's is as easy as falling in your boat. Or forgetting where you put your glasses. Things like going sharking fishing and leaving the hooks at the dock also look real good on you application. ;)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
PICKER--HOW OLD IS WILSON??
BIGGESTJACK

We realy don't know but he does show up at all the club house meetings.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
RUSTYREEL--IF YOU WOULD DROP A PITCHER OF COCKTAILS OFF AT THE ANIMAL HOUSE(CLUBHOUSE)CHANCES FOR GETTING IN WOULD NO DOUBT RISE SHARPLY.FAT FRED ULHMAN OF TV "JERSEY CAPE FISHING" FAME IS 17LBS OVERWEIGHT AND HAS TO TAKE IT OFF BEFORE THE EASTER BUNNY COMES OR WILL HAVE SANCTIONS BROUGHT AGAINST HIM.
PICKER WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT BELLIES??

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
They SUCK !!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
To me it was always an exclusive club. Then they let BIGGESTJACK in.

We are starting a new club if interested. It's called. EVERYBODY BUT FISHPICKER UNLESS YOUR NAME IS BIGGESTJACK BECAUSE YOU CAN'T JOIN EITHER.

If you look at Fishpickers signature you can see he is president of the Ottens Harbor Gillnetters Association. There are two members. Fishpicker and a net and the net never shows up at the meetings.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Chunkin put the fork down and slowly back away from the tale. How come your not sleepen ????? You must be exhausted after such a lot day yesterday.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Rustywheel , you can meet Wilson at the barnfest.
Mike, you would mention that "C" word.
Fishpicker, howcome ya'll don't have ACHIENT MARINERS WANNABE in your sig anymo.
CLAMBELLIES RULE!!!!!!!

Oh yeah I forgot, we've been trying to compose a mission statement, but everytime we meet we forget why we're there and just have another happy hour.

[ 01-21-2006, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Skip M ]

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by Get Some:
I heard falling off the dock helps to get you in too!! :D
Sorry I'm late on the post, but I just got back from the Islands. :D
Steve, I was an Ancient before I took the dive, :D ;) but your right, it does help. :D ;)

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
The parties that they throw last all summer except between the hours of Four to Six PM. For some reason that I haven't been able to figure out yet everyday when I come home, The Animal House looks like a ghosts town. But when I leave in the morning the place is rockin. They had a Disco ball last summer, The ICW looked more like Studio54. I bet the neighbors cringe at the thought of opening day of flounder season.

Skip I had to rearrange a few things in my signature. Sorry It will not be forgotten I have a objective that I must carry out. I need to get Our new group off the ground " Striper's For Dinner ". Once that gets up and running, I will again strive to achieve my life long mission and that is becoming a Ancient Mariner. I will even abandon my champaign to tell the world that CLAM BELLIES SUCK !!!!!

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Originally posted by Fishpicker:
The parties that they throw last all summer except between the hours of Four to Six PM. For some reason that I haven't been able to figure out yet.
Wilson likes to take a nap in the afternoon and we can't make any noise.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts