BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the rocks--last of the outgoing tide looking for kingfish.Using bloodworms. About 3 hours got 2 small weakfish, no kingfish. Saw about a dozen weakies caught, no keepers.
When the tide started moving back in the kingfish turned on pretty good. In about an hour got 21 of them. None real big, but all big enough. Left them biting when I ran out of worms.

-------------------------------------------------

Rockman, Try TERMINAL TACKLE CO.(631)269 6005

·
Registered
723 Posts
bob even small fish is bettter then no fish the way this season has benn going i cant wait until fall.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Glad to see you got some.

Thanks, you cleared up some of my confusion from yesterday. Tried for some Kings yesterday considering the Bass/Weakie fishing has been so slow in just about every South Jersey location. (except for one school of 20-30 pounders hanging around the OC /Great Egg area)

Long and the short of it is went to a place where yearly you get so many kingfish you get sick of catching them. Consistent , every year. Sent a good friend to the same spot, he gets 50 in 3 hours. Of course, yesterday I try the same thing , clam chum even and get nothing but sharks and skates. Definetly think it was a the tide though. Just don't fish too much for them so can't say. Anyway, your post helped, TOGGIN

BTW, what are the size/bag limits for kings. Do you have a favorite recipe Bob/Chunker. Are they good smoked

[ 07-11-2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DR B, Kingfish--NO season, NO size limits, NO bag limits. However, you have to to use common sense. If you keep very small fish you get very small fillets. Not worth killing the fish for.
Funny thing about getting them today on the incoming tide. Last week it was just the opposite, only got them on the outgoing.
I fillet everything I catch. Then usually breaded and fried. Sometime baked. I have never had them smoked but I think they would be fine. Maybe someone else can let you know about that. No matter how you eat them they are tasty. Nice firm white meat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Togginbob, it was a pleasure talking to you,an you were very right on with your rigs.caught a few more then the other guy you help out got right crazy with his rigs and poles yes 2 pole thrown out in every direction then everytime there be a tangle.so after a few more kings .i called it a day...again thanks for the info to the tackle co... I would like to get together when you get after those togs again.cya its been fun. later

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Thanks Bob

Gonna give it a try. The wife loves fried fish.

Can't believe there are no regs on them!!!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Dan

I bet you know the 50 Kings in three hours story too!!!

How have you been???

Here's a funny photo

[ 07-12-2004, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Had to get a big wedding out of the way. Now I can get back in action. Dr. Jack had a 12.5 lb tog yesterday on a hopkins.I had a bunch of small sea bass offshore . Any bass in the back? Sidebar(John Edwards ws a malpractice lawyer before a politician) Good pic.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Bassing the back has been REALLY slow, as is the weakie fishing. Stay with the wreck thing, or you can ask Jack about the Kingfish spot or shoot me an e-mail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts