BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on FQ site.

JUNE 26, 2004
6:00 AM Congratulations to Bob Capri Jr. A very nice young Angler who landed a 52# 4 oz. Bass yesterday on a bunker. Get this, he took his kayak just off the beach into the schools of bait where he found the hungry cow breaking that elusive 50 pound mark at a very young age. After setting the hook he was on a Nantucket Sleigh Ride for about 5 blocks.

Congrats to this young guy!

[ 06-26-2004, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
FISH OF A LIFETIME! On a YAK! :eek: He will tell that story for the rest of his life. ;)

CONGRATS Bob Capri jr!

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Congrats welcome to the 50 club. Awesome on a yak-hope to hear more

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
"I hear those sligh bells ringing!...Oh yes it's lovely weather for a sliegh ride together"

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
:eek:

Nice!!!

42 years and i'm still trying to get a 50 :rolleyes:

Exelent job Bob !

[ 06-26-2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: In Depth ]

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You & me both In Depth , but the best part is that I can still keep trying! :D :D :D

[ 06-26-2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

Bob Capri Jr, Photo From FishermensHeadquarters

G

·
I think he took it to every Bait shop on LBI!!!! I would too!!!!I might even put it on the hood of my truck for all to see!!
Nick

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Awesome

Must be the lighting but that is one eespecially beautiful bass. Excellent coloring.

If it were mine I think I would steak it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
surfrat...funny you should mention about putting the bass on the hood of your car. Young Bob Capri's grandfather, Art McIntyre used to do just that everytime he caught a real big fish. I'll never forget seeing that big Jeep Wagon with a 40+ pound bass tied to the hood and cooler rack, going down the street on his way to Bruce+Pats B+T back in the late 80's. Art's daughter Michelle married Bob Capri, another Striper maniac like the rest of us, and hence, Bob Capri Jr, with a 50+ before he can drive...haha!. They own and run Subogies, a block or two north of Bruce+Pats B+T. I'm sure a lot of you have had breakfast there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
[ 06-27-2004, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: AFEW50S ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
surfrat...funny you should mention about putting the bass on the hood of your car. Young Bob Capri's grandfather, Art McIntyre used to do just that everytime he caught a real big fish. I'll never forget seeing that big Jeep Wagon with a 40+ pound bass tied to the hood and cooler rack, going down the street on his way to Bruce+Pats B+T back in the late 80's. Art's daughter Michelle married Bob Capri, another Striper maniac like the rest of us, and hence, Bob Capri Jr, with a 50+ before he can drive...haha!. They own and run Subogies, a block or two north of Bruce+Pats B+T. I'm sure a lot of you have had breakfast there.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
thats awesome ! Hey spooled I guess you know what your next goal is even though you are a 50 member. you have to do it in your yak

1 - 20 of 27 Posts