BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me my uncle my dad and my friend went out ice fishing again today. same spot as yester day and di really good again. We caught a bunch of gills, a couple crappies, one keeper bass, and a white perch. All in all great day.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I actually thought it was bad to eat alot of freshwater fish? What does LMB taste like is it a strong fish taste?
Eating is fine as long as the water they come from is clean....lmb are great filleted and corn mealed and cooked in the old iron skillet along the river while spending the night under the stars.........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No no no guys. LMB are good. I like them. Not as good as panfish but still pretty good. I didnt keep it my uncle did. But we eat all our fish fresh. Most of the time will go icin pretty much all day, keep a decent amount of fish and come home fillet them up and eat them right away. I dont like frozen fish. They never taste the same after their froze. And it looks like were pigs. LOL. But this is really the only time of year we keep the fish. I sont no why its just something about ice fishing and keeping fish. It just feels right, and they seem to taste better. LOL. Plus I mostly carp/catfish and i dont eat them so. But thanks for the reps guys. None of these fish were wasted their already digested. LOL.:) Cant wait till spring carpin/catin. Tight lines everybody.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Most people on here probably dont like you after that comment.
Well sorry man. I like them also. I do not keep bass any either time of the year. Honestly. I dont even fish for bass that much. Plus that wasnt me who kept him, it was my uncle. Its not like i keep them all the time. I threw back the last keeper i caught. Matter of fact i didnt keep any this year. And i dont plan to. Only panffish.

·
Registered
972 Posts
nice fish fry. I hear you on keeping fish while ice fishing, its tough to throw them back... they look so tasty while laying on the ice:D Kept a LM last year through the ice... not SO bad, but not as good as the gills/perch/crappie. Nice perch BTW, thats a biggum.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice fish fry. I hear you on keeping fish while ice fishing, its tough to throw them back... they look so tasty while laying on the ice:D Kept a LM last year through the ice... not SO bad, but not as good as the gills/perch/crappie. Nice perch BTW, thats a biggum.
Tanks man. LOL. Yea agreed. I just cant ressist keepin um tru da ice. LOL. And yea the bass aernt quite as good as the panfish but what are? LOL:huh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.