BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left dock at 7am with tide going out strong and only 2 hours from low. Really didn't expect much but found decent trout holed up in deep water and we landed 21 with 5 going 20"
Also got a 22" Pompano along Jacks and sheepshead
First real blowout tide I've seen down here
1/4 oz brown jigs tipped with pcs of shrimp did the trick

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bucktail; As always you're a tough act to follow. Over on this side, the guys were catching sails Sunday in 40' of water! I saw them out there, thought they were getting bait! Still can't get used to that! Anyway, I got out last night at dusk (way to pretty to sit in and watch the tube) I got 2 Spanish Macs, bunches of Ladyfish. Was hoping for another Pompano or two (got a couple Saturday in the rain). I haven't worked hard at the snook yet, maybe tonite... Have Glen Beigh in the area, gotta show him fish or never live it down...

[ 02-11-2004, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Ramblin ]

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ramblin, go get those Sails, I heard they were close in over there.
I'm hoping water warms up next few days and Snook bite begins,since water dropped into mid 60's snook have shut down
Trout have been steady
Spanish Mackeral showed up today but they were small 12-14"
I only have 17 more days down here and need a Big Fish

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
hey bucktail I heard there was a striper blitz behind strathmere last w/e

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey fin-advisor---I'll be back in couple of weeks and if any bass around I'll get them

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Another NOT SO NICE Day Tomorrow Along
The New Jersey Coast! :D
Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...ATLANTIC NJ-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY NJ-CAPE MAY NJ- COASTAL ATLANTIC NJ-COASTAL OCEAN NJ-CUMBERLAND NJ-OCEAN NJ- SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON NJ-
... WINTER STORM WARNING TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING.

3 TO 4 INCHES WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OF 5 INCHES OF SNOW ARE FORECAST TO FALL TONIGHT BEFORE THE SNOW TAPERS OFF TO FLURRIES AND ENDS WEDNESDAY MORNING. THE FURTHER SOUTH AND EAST ONE HEADS... THE HIGHER THE SNOW AMOUNTS WILL BE, WITH THE COASTAL AREAS RECEIVING THE MOST. SNOW WILL BE STARTING DURING THIS EVENINGS RUSH HOUR AND SOME ROADWAYS MAY BECOME SLIPPERY.

CONDITIONS CAN DETERIORATE RAPIDLY IN WINTER WEATHER SITUATIONS. SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME WHEN TRAVELLING.

PLAN ON LEAVING EXTRA TIME FOR TRAVEL TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY MORNING, INCLUDING WEDNESDAY MORNINGS COMMUTE.

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW IS ISSUED WHEN 4 INCHES OR MORE OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED....

[ 02-18-2004, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
BW,
It's great to hear someone is out there catching them up. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
20 Posts
Willie how are you > Sounds like Okay . Getting back to the brown jigs you mentioned are they for the trout ? and do think they will work up here .
Took your advice and tied my jigs with more hair . We will see, weakies are around the corner now .
take care
Steven and Sunny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts